Uconnect 8.4 2016 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skyjockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock 4x4
Engine
3.6L
If your in Apple Maps, go into your phone settings and make sure the sound is turned on for it. If you’re using Google Maps, go into GM’s setting and make sure it’s set to play as bluetooth call.

View attachment 155061

View attachment 155062

2019 Warlock with 8.4 radio, using iphone 11 and google maps I thought I used to be able to plug the phone into center console and used carplay to use google maps and have the music "MUTE" when driving directions were played then music would come back on. At some point this changed (I don't use it alot to know when) and now directions are played along with the music so basically can't hear what she's saying.

How do I turn the "music mute" back on?? I did check my settings and have the bluetooth options on as shown above. I selected "Louder" and it got a tiny bit better. I even went to the phone and turned up the volume on the map app but didn't change. Maybe I was using a different map app? Did/does google map even have this feature (Mute music when directions are spoken)

Coramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2019 Warlock with 8.4 radio, using iphone 11 and google maps I thought I used to be able to plug the phone into center console and used carplay to use google maps and have the music "MUTE" when driving directions were played then music would come back on. At some point this changed (I don't use it alot to know when) and now directions are played along with the music so basically can't hear what she's saying.

How do I turn the "music mute" back on?? I did check my settings and have the bluetooth options on as shown above. I selected "Louder" and it got a tiny bit better. I even went to the phone and turned up the volume on the map app but didn't change. Maybe I was using a different map app? Did/does google map even have this feature (Mute music when directions are spoken)
Interesting. I just got an iPhone 11 this weekend and haven’t tried CarPlay with sound on in Google Maps. I’ll have to try that later today and see if mine does the same as yours. My old phone (6s) did like yours used to. It would lower the radio when Maps audio would come through. I’ll let you know how it turns out.