UCONNECT bricked?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Had the issue with our 2015 durango. Turned out is was the 911 cell receiver that is built into the radio. Had to get the radio replaced. Ours just did it out of the blue, nowhere near a uconnect update. Warranty covered it and no problems since. Just did a continuous bootloop and would only turn off if battery was left disconnected.
For those without warranty, leaving the update in will get the radio to work again.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
konfuzed

konfuzed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter Hemi
Yes, that's exactly what you need to do.

I'm good.... mine was replaced by the dealership finally. After ******** enough people out with 1. Uconnect services 2. Mopar service. Ram service 4. Local dealership 5. Fiat Chrysler. They ended up replacing the entire uconnect system under warranty, which didn't cost me a dime. The local dealership wanted 300 just to try to update it again, and wanted like over 1100 for a new system. If they weren't going to cover their software issue, I was looking at the Tesla style screens that yall talk about in the other post. Those are awesome! Also cheaper than a factory one.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
konfuzed

konfuzed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter Hemi
For those without warranty, leaving the update in will get the radio to work again.

Possibly. Just when you notice the ram symbol and the system is booting up...... pull the thumb drive out fast before it notices one in there and starts the update again.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk