UConnect Delaminating- FCA/Stellantis won’t help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NH_RAM79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
The uConnect screen in my 2018 RAM 5.7L V8 Laramie is delaminating. It’s only along the top edge right now but it’s getting worse everyday. I’ve tried to request help from US Customer Care and they are refusing to offer any support. I’m beside myself. Just bought this truck, my first RAM, and absolutely love it…I’m honestly (and maybe naively) shocked that RAM is not helping their customers with what seems to clearly be a known issue/defect. Appreciate any advice.

Attachments

• 3AAA8A9E-57DB-4BBA-ACC2-3DBDC2A289C4.jpeg
    3AAA8A9E-57DB-4BBA-ACC2-3DBDC2A289C4.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 15

Rav3ncroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I asked a few questions on your other post but will ask again here. I also have another question since you said you just purchased the truck.

Do you know when the truck was originally purchased? How many miles are on it now? Did you purchase it as a certified pre-owned vehicle?

OP
OP
N

NH_RAM79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
Not sure when it was originally purchased. I bought it in June of this year. It has approx. 63k miles on it now. Yes, I purchased it as a certified pre-owned.

BBhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im going through the same thing now. I went to my dealer and they documented the screen is delaminating and needs replacement. They told me to contact fca and they should replace it. Did you go to the dealer to get documentation?

OP
OP
N

NH_RAM79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
I think my mistake was going to FCA directly, before going to my dealer. FCA opened and closed my case without asking for pics or anything. So, then I went to the dealer and they said they will try to help me but I'll have trouble because my case was already closed by FCA...

Jden45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good luck to you. I received no help getting mine repaired. Paid out 700 to have the screen replaced by infotainment. Dealer offered a refurbished unit but not knowing what went wrong with that one I decided to just have mine repaired. Doesn’t look like a hard replacement for the entire screen but with what I was seeing the screens themselves selling for right now it just seamed easier to let them deal with it and give me a warranty. Have to add, Im perfectly happy with their work. Price sucked but I can say that for about everything right now.

Chipinski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Im going through the same thing now. I went to my dealer and they documented the screen is delaminating and needs replacement. They told me to contact fca and they should replace it. Did you go to the dealer to get documentation?
Another 2018 big horn owner with delamination issues in the u connect. 57k original miles. Dealer says " they have a mind of their own" $ 1200 to replace 90 day warranty. Huh? This is a safety issue right? Speakers blaring at full volume. Radio changing stations every 2 seconds. Bluetooth on. Off. On. Off. Hvac control going berserk. I literally must take my eyes off the road to try to stop it. It won't even let me shut it off. This has got to be addressed. Please.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Another 2018 big horn owner with delamination issues in the u connect. 57k original miles. Dealer says " they have a mind of their own" $ 1200 to replace 90 day warranty. Huh? This is a safety issue right? Speakers blaring at full volume. Radio changing stations every 2 seconds. Bluetooth on. Off. On. Off. Hvac control going berserk. I literally must take my eyes off the road to try to stop it. It won't even let me shut it off. This has got to be addressed. Please.