UConnect Siri Upgrade a mess

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quint

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Big Horn 1500
Engine
5.7L v8 eTorque
Did anyone else have problems with the latest Siri upgrade for U-Connect? The upgrade went fine but now everything works funky. At times my screen is just black while the truck is running. It can literally take up to 60 seconds or slightly longer to turn the volume down or mute if I get a call....and it's not always recognizing calls through bluetooth.

It took a few days of driving before it finally sorted through all of my song files again, but the screen will still freeze while playing songs off of my SD card. It can take up to 30 seconds to switch to radio or something else.

If I'm the only one having these problems, I'll just take it to the dealer.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have seen some other posts of people having some issues after the update and others seem to be fine. Sometimes it takes a few days for the radio to settle down. You may want to try disconnecting the battery for around a half hour to see if it helps. You can also do a factory reset which will sometimes help but since you are under warranty I would just try the battery disconnect and have the dealer worry about the reset.

OP
OP
Quint

Quint

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Big Horn 1500
Engine
5.7L v8 eTorque
I might have it do another install of the upgrade. Then I'll go with the battery disconnect.

It's like they built these trucks with a bunch of old Compaq computer parts.

OP
OP
Quint

Quint

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Big Horn 1500
Engine
5.7L v8 eTorque
I did another install of the latest U-connect software. Everything worked just fine afterward. Once I confirmed not having issues, I put my 128GB SD card back into the slot. That is what seems to send the entire system into a tizzy. It's not just an initial load since I've had several 30minute drives of just listening to music on the SD Card. Everything is slow and stuttered. I pulled out the SD card and my radio went back to working like normal.

It looks like there was something in the upgrade that doesn't like big SD cards, or at the very least my SD card.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Try reformatting the SD in FAT32 then copying your music back. Could be an indexing issue.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

horsetrailer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi Power Wagon
Mine was horrible. Plus the GPS routing was all screwed up. The voice was telling me to make a left when the arrow was pointing right. Programmed by idiots. I downgraded back to my old rev and it's much better. They broke the iPod interface

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk