UConnect Software Update Received--What's in it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donutsahoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I was just going to post a screenshot of mine. Only difference I have is my mid range is lower basically. This makes the radio bearable, but there's no good reason that the folks programming uconnect don't have regression testing that would have caught this issue. Hi do you push an update to thousands and thousands of vehicles with this kind of error?

It’s called not knowing ITIL and Change management exist :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1500canoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
It’s called not knowing ITIL and Change management exist :D

I don't understand why they don't do a slow, phased rollout like a lot of Android hardware vendors do. Release your software to 1% of the population first, then a week later 5%, then at some point feel confident and push it to all. They seem to have just blasted this to everyone, and continue to do so.

Cstan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I’ve gotten mine to sound somewhat decent using these settings, anybody else have any luck?

03f45c370b498dc5f36abd80c8d615b6.jpg

Hey bud, try this...It still sucks at this setting but is tolerable as long as the volume isn't too high.

20180921_195855.jpg

audiomikej

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
So I’ve gotten mine to sound somewhat decent using these settings, anybody else have any luck?

03f45c370b498dc5f36abd80c8d615b6.jpg

I have done a similar adjustment and not I am still not happy, there still sounds like there is something missing from the middle.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't understand why they don't do a slow, phased rollout like a lot of Android hardware vendors do. Release your software to 1% of the population first, then a week later 5%, then at some point feel confident and push it to all. They seem to have just blasted this to everyone, and continue to do so.

They may have done exactly that. With the possible exception of the whole user feedback thing.

musicwatkins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6 cylinder
It may be my imagination but it seems like if you hook your phone up thru the aux jack it actually sounds pretty decent. Someone try it and tell me if I'm crazy or just being conditioned to terrible audio lol
I tried that because my bluetooth is now also jacked up. It sounded worse to me. It was even bassier thru the aux jack.

f69tele

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
that is basically how I have my EQ set now. Bass all the way down, treble all the way up and mids about 2. It's acceptable but not the quality sound it was before.

Cstan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I tried that because my bluetooth is now also jacked up. It sounded worse to me. It was even bassier thru the aux jack.
Lol. Idk if the cable matters but it was an extremely cheap and thin aux cord. Maybe that's why it killed the overly heavy bass. Who knows...still sounds like crap regardless.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
well this doesn't look good unless there is a new update.theres a 19.19 but i think its for 2019 and i'm not sure it sounds any better.i may retro fit a pre 18 harmon radio.as i don't use carplay any way.

I have the H&K on the 19 and sounds great. I will check version for you all and post it as soon as I check it out if that may help?

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
Agree with this. Keep up the pressure.

It only affects the 2018 models.
http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_0811318.pdf

I just looked at the Charger forums and the Challenger forums. Apparently no one in those forums has experienced this yet. (Or we're just smarter than they are...)

I have a 2018 Charger with Alpine and no issues what so ever. Not sure that helps any one. Too darn much money for these trucks to crapie sound! They need to get their chit together!

Last edited:

T-Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same here. New to the forum. The latest update also brought me here. Thought I was losing my mind for awhile with the decreased sound performance issue. Glad to see I'm not going crazy and there are others out there who are experiencing the same thing. Whew.

T-Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've posted three tweets now to ramcares, ramtrucks, uconnect, uconnectcares, and fiatchrysler_na. No response. So glad I spent $40k on a truck that can be broken by morons pushing a poorly tested software update that can't be rolled back. In 2018.
Amen Brother. Couldn't have said it better myself. Arrgghhh

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
Misery loves company....

et todd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Supposed to have a Canadian ra4 coming next week I hope.it's not looking good though.I may go aftermarket if that doesn't work out.you would think the Canadian radio would work no cell conection.but a ra4 with a fooler plug doesn't work in a 18.however I drove around a week with a fooler plug on my factory uaq and no problem so I don't know.if quess I will find out.sold my ra4 before following mpilgrams advice trying it with the cell and GPS hooked up.auto spell correct sucks on a galaxy 7 toof btw.