UConnect Software Update Received--What's in it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bubba5154

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500 Crew Cab Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I'm terribly saddened to welcome you to our crappy update club :(

It's mind boggling that the flawed update is still being pushed out even though they are aware it's no good.

Yeah sad my first post is about this issue. No complaints on the truck so far. No mods, still stock. I did air the tires down. It's pretty unforgiving without a load at 60/80 psi.

audiomikej

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
If you own a 2018 RAM 1500 built after 12-5-17 with this software update and your radio sounds sound muddy, all bass, no treble I would encourage you to email your Dealer, message @ramcares via this forum, and contact Chrysler via their website or [email protected]

I have contacted all 3 and I messaged the head of the RAM brand. I am feeling discouraged because none them would acknowledge we have this issue. Clearly we have all found each other on this forum with the exact same fault from the over the air update. We need anyone else reading this thread with this issue to contact Chrysler so they will start acknowledging they have a problem.

You can copy and paste the following message.

I am having an issue with the sound quality of the stereo in my 2018 RAM 1500 Bighorn. The issue started September 4th after a over the air software update was pushed out. Now my radio sounds like crap, very flat, all bass, very muffled, like someone is talking with their hand over their mouth. Please escalate a complaint with RAM to push out another software update to correct the EQ settings that were accidently changed.

Include your VIN in your email.

Last edited:

audiomikej

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
If you own a 2018 RAM 1500 built after 1-18 with this software update and your radio sounds sound muddy, all bass, no treble I would encourage you to email your Dealer, message @ramcares via this forum, and contact Chrysler via their website or [email protected]

I have contacted all 3 and I messaged the head of the RAM brand. I am feeling discouraged because none them would acknowledge we have this issue. Clearly we have all found each other on this forum with the exact same fault from the over the air update. We need anyone else reading this thread with this issue to contact Chrysler so they will start acknowledging they have a problem.

I am having an issue with the sound quality of the stereo in my 2018 RAM 1500 Bighorn. The issue started September 4th after a over the air software update was pushed out. Now my radio sounds like crap, very flat, all bass, very muffled, like someone is talking with their hand over their mouth. Please escalate a complaint with RAM to push out another software update to correct the EQ settings that were accidently changed.

XD_Dan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I called uconnect back and they opened a case. A manager will be calling me back Monday. She said everyone who has the stereo fidelity issue after the update this week should call and make an escalated ticket so that the guys up stairs take notice.

The number to call is -
1-877-855-8400

Thank you for this information.
I called UConnect today using the number you shared. I explained that I was having the audio problems that so many others are reporting. The lady I spoke to (Tiana) was very polite but not super helpful.
I gave her my VIN and she said she was opening a case and would forward it to the "Panasonic department" who was already working toward a solution. She said that they have received numerous complains about the the recent OTA update. She gave me a case number, and I plan to call everyday for updates until they push the fix through the next OTA.
I also asked her if there is a way to restore back to a previous firmware version. She is adding that question to my case being sent to the Panasonic group and will call me back if it is possible. Given some of the posts here, I am not optimistic that his is possible.

Mtgldr

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
If you own a 2018 RAM 1500 built after 1-18 with this software update and your radio sounds sound muddy, all bass, no treble I would encourage you to email your Dealer, message @ramcares via this forum, and contact Chrysler via their website or [email protected]

Is this for 2018's only? I saw other posts in another thread and the trucks were pre-2018?

TexNorseman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Lonestar Edition with Black Out Package
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
What about 2018's built before 1-18? Mine is a 2018 built 9-17 and I don't seem to have the muffled sound.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
PowrRam

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
What about 2018's built before 1-18? Mine is a 2018 built 9-17 and I don't seem to have the muffled sound.

Go here and follow the directions under the Inspection section to determine which software you are running:
http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_0811318.pdf

You are probably running software version 17.43.x.x or somesuch. If you are running 18.20.2e you've received the update.

If you are still on 17.43.x.x DO NOT take the update.

TexNorseman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I definitely received the update, but as I said it doesn't seem to be affecting my sound. Or maybe my ears aren't as disserning.
Go here and follow the directions under the Inspection section to determine which software you are running:
http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_0811318.pdf

You are probably running software version 17.43.x.x or somesuch. If you are running 18.20.2e you've received the update.

If you are still on 17.43.x.x DO NOT take the update.

Cstan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you have the bad update this is what you should see when you check

20180911_154453.jpg

20180911_154456.jpg

Ram Wagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hey all, sorry to just bust in as a newbie here, but I have searched and searched for answers and came up with nothing. If anyone has an answer or solution to the audio issue on the most recent update (all bass, sounds muffled and like complete crap ) I would be forever grateful. I have tried every reset procedure I could conjure up with google with no success and had some minor progress with disconnecting the negative battery terminal which in turn was a total no go when the uconnect fully rebooted and "caught up". It really hits my OCD button when I can't figure stuff like this out. Hope to hear some good news.

samething happened to mine after the software update, i called uconnect and have a case number started. They told me this is a known issue which seems odd since it is just coming out. They had no fix at this time when i talked to them.

audiomikej

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
What about 2018's built before 12-5-17? Mine is a 2018 built 9-17 and I don't seem to have the muffled sound.

Research suggests 2018 RAM 1500 with 8.4 touch screen did not get over the air (OTA) update capability until 12-5-17. With that said, older trucks would get the firmware with a USB thumb drive at the dealership. I would hold off updating the firmware until they fix the defective OTA update from Sept 4th.

Cstan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Research suggests 2018 RAM 1500 with 8.4 touch screen did not get over the air (OTA) update capability until 1-18. With that said, older trucks would get the firmware with a USB thumb drive at the dealership. I would hold off updating the firmware until they fix the defective OTA update from Sept 4th.
Mine was built Oct 2017 and I get the OTA updates

Hogman338

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2018 RAM was built 8/17 & I get ota updates mine updated on 9/8. The radio does sound a little off now hopefully they will send a new update soon.

Zabbu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you own a 2018 RAM 1500 built after 12-5-17 with this software update and your radio sounds sound muddy, all bass, no treble I would encourage you to email your Dealer, message @ramcares via this forum, and contact Chrysler via their website or [email protected]

Hey man, look up my earlier post. I’m in contact with a case worker at uconnect who said they are flooded with calls and know about the issue. They are working hard on a fix. She should be calling me tomorrow with a status update and I’ll report here to the forum. This was confirmed also through ramcares. So there are people at both ram and uconnect who acknowledge this issue. Thankfully.

TexNorseman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Did this update also kill surround sound? Could have sworn I had it before. I have the alpine systemf457d5bfc5dd400a983e0a7e2e28366f.jpg

XD_Dan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Did this update also kill surround sound? Could have sworn I had it before. I have the alpine system

I have the Alpine also. I checked mine this afternoon, and the surround feature is still active.

TexNorseman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have the Alpine also. I checked mine this afternoon, and the surround feature is still active.
So does surround not work in XM?

XD_Dan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I just checked.
Mine has surround in FM, SXM, and bluetooth modes.
20180911_173716.jpg
20180911_173621.jpg
20180911_173608.jpg

Cstan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey man, look up my earlier post. I’m in contact with a case worker at uconnect who said they are flooded with calls and know about the issue. They are working hard on a fix. She should be calling me tomorrow with a status update and I’ll report here to the forum. This was confirmed also through ramcares. So there are people at both ram and uconnect who acknowledge this issue. Thankfully.
Appreciate it bud

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank