UConnect Software Update Received--What's in it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

18ram18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just received a postcard type notice from RAM. They say my opinion matters and want my feedback so they can help their engineers improve vehicle quality.
Hmmmm, wonder what might be a point of discussion????:chair:

Donutsahoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Just received a postcard type notice from RAM. They say my opinion matters and want my feedback so they can help their engineers improve vehicle quality.

Read them the riot act! And then send us a picture! Haha

EDIT: Just received this email from Ram.

“Hi , My name is Lisa, and I am following up on a survey that you recently completed regarding your ( 2018 RAM 1500 . We regret the problem your vehicle has experienced and appreciate the time and effort you took to bringing this matter to our attention. Comments like yours are one way we have to learn of problems and opportunities desired by customers. If you require further assistance from RAM, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you in resolving your vehicle concerns. You may contact us back by calling RAM Customer Assistance at 866-726-4636. Thank You, Lisa “

Well that’s nice, but it doesn’t fix anything does it???
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dave F

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I just completed my 90 day ownership survey last week.

I wasn't very kind.

OP
OP
PowrRam

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
You may contact us back by calling RAM Customer Assistance at 866-726-4636. Thank You, Lisa “

I just called this number and after giving the last 8 digits of my VIN# was told my case with Chrysler customer care was closed. This is the case that I've been emailing every couple of days asking about when the fix was going out for the stereo tone controls. The CSR at Ram Customer Care identified my case number and the person I was emailing with and had no idea why my case was closed. She re-opened the case, gave it a new case number and is passing it along to a case manager at UConnect. I should get a phone call from a case manager at UConnect within 1-2 business days to discuss the issue.

I was disheartened to hear they closed my case. So keep pounding away at Ram and UConnect, people. Let your displeasure be heard. (But in a nice way...)

T-Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Read them the riot act! And then send us a picture! Haha

EDIT: Just received this email from Ram.

“Hi , My name is Lisa, and I am following up on a survey that you recently completed regarding your ( 2018 RAM 1500 . We regret the problem your vehicle has experienced and appreciate the time and effort you took to bringing this matter to our attention. Comments like yours are one way we have to learn of problems and opportunities desired by customers. If you require further assistance from RAM, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you in resolving your vehicle concerns. You may contact us back by calling RAM Customer Assistance at 866-726-4636. Thank You, Lisa “

Well that’s nice, but it doesn’t fix anything does it???
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We should all keep the pressure on them to fix this issue. I emailed FCA, called both RAMCARE & UCONNECT voicing my displeasure a couple days ago. Still awaiting an official response. The folks at UCONNECT took my VIN number and acted as if I was the first person to complain. ha

hardEight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does the sound flatness happen to all the models or just the Non-Alpine ones?

Mine has been bugging me for a week or so ever time I put it in Park and I've been just opening the door to make it shut off.

U1arunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does the sound flatness happen to all the models or just the Non-Alpine ones?

Mine has been bugging me for a week or so ever time I put it in Park and I've been just opening the door to make it shut off.
Pretty sure both. Mine is a Non Alpine 8.4 Nav.

LemmysDad

Chairman of the bored.
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got my update today for my 8.4 Nav, non Apline. Not too much looks different. I also noticed a increase in bass and lack of treble. Throw me all off. I had to play around with the audio settings and amp/sub settings to get it back to how I like it.

Anyone notice any other changes?
Just the lettering around the display looks more stylized and some different sound from my speakers (Alpine system). May have to mess with the audio setup.
No burn in on my display as mine was uploaded with my truck off, wouldn’t let me do it with it running.
Don’t really know yet if it’s for better or worse.

LemmysDad

Chairman of the bored.
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got the Alpine system and am actively dodging the update....

Puttin it off as long as possible.
**** I wish I had done that. The Alpine is supposed to be the premium system is it not? I truly miss the Bose system I had in my 2006 Altima all those years ago but I still like my Sport waaaaay better overall.

TMD78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Trying again since they shut down my ticket previously, more noise folks!!!! Keep at them!!! Here was my message:

I would like my case #35121263 reopened. I feel like I was pressured and talked down to by the rep to close the case and my issue is not resolved. It’s been almost a month and I’m sick of driving in my truck and it sounding like my head is underwater with a drum hit against the side of my head. Saying “a future update will address this” with no ETA is not a resolution. These are expensive trucks, FCA partners with Uconnect and they dropped the ball and need to issue and update for the many affected owners who have 2018 vehicles. If one of my vendor partners issued such a terrible software update we would fire them if it took this long to fix.

OP
OP
PowrRam

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
I just called this number and after giving the last 8 digits of my VIN# was told my case with Chrysler customer care was closed. This is the case that I've been emailing every couple of days asking about when the fix was going out for the stereo tone controls. The CSR at Ram Customer Care identified my case number and the person I was emailing with and had no idea why my case was closed. She re-opened the case, gave it a new case number and is passing it along to a case manager at UConnect. I should get a phone call from a case manager at UConnect within 1-2 business days to discuss the issue.

It has been two days and I haven't got the promised call from a case manager, so I called them. 1-800-826-6635. Also 1-877-855-8400.

The CSR put me on hold for 10 minutes, came back on and rattled off the now canned response, "we are aware of the problem and the fix is not ready yet. Please be patient." Then he added, "A case manager will not call you. All I can do is make a note of your continual contact and forward the complaint to corporate."

I guess I'll just put calling UConnect Customer Care every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday on my calendar and run up my tally of calls.

Please, everyone, keep calling them. I believe a phone call is more effective than an email because they are forced to interact with you in real time.

T-Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I called UCONNECT again yesterday to ask for an update (it's been 5 days now). The representative said my complaint was still with the engineers in the technical department and there was nothing to share yet. I complained and asked how I could revert back to the original software prior to this update. The representative said I could take it to the dealer and they should be able to re-flash to software to factory settings. I have a call in to my local service dept to see if this is true. I also inquired about 'forced' updates and was told that UCONNECT rolls out software updates from the East coast to the West coast and if I ignored the update long enough when the 'wave' for my region was passing over that I would not be forced to take the update... not sure I buy that but that's what he said.

18ram18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That is not true. I dodged it as long as I could. Eventually the screen would only show the update now or schedule update. I had no controls for radio, couldn't change channels or change volume level.

CBTBOB

U.S. Army Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2018 "Southfork Edition" Longhorn with the Alpine System. I have experienced the same problems with the update and the radio sounds terrible!