UConnect Software Update Received--What's in it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stateofdade

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
There has to be factory images floating out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
There has to be factory images floating out there.

Yeah, but it checks the current SW version and won't let you install an earlier one

M² Mods.

hardEight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine finally forced me to schedule the update. Not sure that it's going to happen as I picked tomorrow afternoon and still hope to dodge it. Why are they requiring us to upgrade to a bad release? This is BS

Cstan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine finally forced me to schedule the update. Not sure that it's going to happen as I picked tomorrow afternoon and still hope to dodge it. Why are they requiring us to upgrade to a bad release? This is BS
This is what makes me question the "We are aware of the situation and working on a solution" bs answer we all keep getting. If they know it's flawed then the first course of action should be to yank the brakes on the software rollout.

et todd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Follow up on replacing the uaq.I have ran a jeep ra3 15 model with no problems.had sold the 8.4 an I was getting 911 error with but had to refund and get the unit back because the nav stopped and 911 error on his 14.since it was not working anyway I took it apart cleaned the back of the air card unplugged and plugged back in a box of some sort and gave it a shot.with the 911 fooler plug and GPS plugged in everything works as it should.it's a 15 8.4 an and they have given problems in other model year trucks.but I think it was the unit itself i have driven 100 miles and no problems.you can really tell how bad the fidelity is with the new update.could you avoid the update by using a 911 fooler plug on the uaq? I ran my uaq after the update with one for a week with no 911 message

BOB RAM 2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500 4X4 CREW
Engine
HEMI 6.4 with 456
Well, my fault but I did the update couple days ago thinking it was better or fixed ... not true .. now my sound quality sucks on radio and over the phone .... I used to be able to get text messages over the screen but now that is gone ....

Donutsahoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Well, my fault but I did the update couple days ago thinking it was better or fixed ... not true .. now my sound quality sucks on radio and over the phone .... I used to be able to get text messages over the screen but now that is gone ....

Yeah I just noticed that I lost that ability recently as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zerokoo149

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm having all the same issues as the rest of you guys with my 18 Big Horn, but possibly an additional issue. I got my Uconnect update and an update to Google Android Pie on my Pixel on the same day, so I'm not sure if it's the truck or the phone that is the problem.

I use Android Auto almost exclusively when I'm in the truck and I plug in the cable every time I get in.

The problem is that my phone keeps forgetting the Uconnect bluetooth connection, and even though I use Android Auto, phone calls still go over bluetooth even when the phone is plugged in. This problem started 2-3 weeks ago and even though I've done a ton of searches, I can't find anyone else that is having the same issue.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I can put up with the bad audio quality while they work out the fix for that, but the bluetooth issue is a MAJOR inconvenience.

Thx!

Bubba5154

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500 Crew Cab Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Mine is going to the dealer for an "evaluation." I don't expect anything from it but I do expect them to figure out what is emitting a high-pitch squeak on cold starts and fix it.

Meanwhile I finally got my Dad's old 99 Dakota back on the road, been working on it for 2 years, and enjoying every minute.

Got it back. Writeup: Cust has received update notices for unconnect at that time the sound to over bass, no minimal mid and treble muffled. Confirmed condition as noted in star case S1808000235 Engineering will be releasing EQ fix over the air in 4th quarter of 2018.

Still crappy sound, update sometime before Dec 31st.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I'm having all the same issues as the rest of you guys with my 18 Big Horn, but possibly an additional issue. I got my Uconnect update and an update to Google Android Pie on my Pixel on the same day, so I'm not sure if it's the truck or the phone that is the problem.

I use Android Auto almost exclusively when I'm in the truck and I plug in the cable every time I get in.

The problem is that my phone keeps forgetting the Uconnect bluetooth connection, and even though I use Android Auto, phone calls still go over bluetooth even when the phone is plugged in. This problem started 2-3 weeks ago and even though I've done a ton of searches, I can't find anyone else that is having the same issue.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I can put up with the bad audio quality while they work out the fix for that, but the bluetooth issue is a MAJOR inconvenience.

Thx!
Try going into AndroidAuto app's settings on the phone while disconnected and set it to not add any new cars once it's set up ....
da146774d4cb1b915e88e79f892d4c67.jpg

M² Mods.

stateofdade

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7

Thx!
Same here.

Donutsahoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
123456Capture.GIF

Lol #typos

Gives me a chance to rag on them even more.

ecoramtester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Hey guys, have had my Ram for about a month and have been dodging this update for about a week now. Have been locked out of my screen 3 times now but won't bite on this hook. I try to make sure the radio is at a tolerable volume at all times so I am not stuck with it blaring at me when it does freeze up on me. This is what happened the first time to me......actually very dangerous in my opinion. Anyway, the lock-up seems to clear after I park the truck for a couple of hours. Sometimes comes back in 20 minutes, sometimes not at all. Hope this info helps some people keep their original version.

Cstan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys, have had my Ram for about a month and have been dodging this update for about a week now. Have been locked out of my screen 3 times now but won't bite on this hook. I try to make sure the radio is at a tolerable volume at all times so I am not stuck with it blaring at me when it does freeze up on me. This is what happened the first time to me......actually very dangerous in my opinion. Anyway, the lock-up seems to clear after I park the truck for a couple of hours. Sometimes comes back in 20 minutes, sometimes not at all. Hope this info helps some people keep their original version.
This whole situation is sad really. Big company, expensive trucks, and a silly problem that shouldn't exist. They should add an option to opt out future updates for those of us who are content with our stuff.