UConnect Software Update Received--What's in it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zabbu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, not sure if I should get my hopes up. Has April Fools already happened this year?

View attachment 163137

I just called my dealer and he confirmed that this is a new software update for my truck and scheduled me to come in. Next Wednesday though. I’ll call another dealer tomorrow and see what I can work out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thechaz05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just called my dealer and he confirmed that this is a new software update for my truck and scheduled me to come in. Next Wednesday though. I’ll call another dealer tomorrow and see what I can work out.

Let us know if it works. I will be calling my dealer first thing in the morning, no telling when I will actually be able to bring it in though. Last appointment was scheduled 40 days out.

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe we can get the file for the manual download with a USB like before?

Cstan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Something tells me this is yet another bonk ass chapter in their wild goose chase...my optimism is long gone.

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Probably 22. Whatever that the new radios are shipping with. I have one no differance.

Gibbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I don't do social media, but i wanna say thanks to all you guys that are calling out uconnect on Tweeter and Bookface. I appreciate it!

Thechaz05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m scheduled for May 2nd. Hopefully can get some resolution then.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m scheduled for May 2nd. Hopefully can get some resolution then.

I suppose after waiting this long its not HORRIBLE, but you guys deserve to be able to bring your trucks in ASAP. It cant possibly take that long to install, so why not make the customer happy, faster?

rgardjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hopefully this will be available for download. I have a UAQ in my 2014 that does not receive the OTA updates. I'm pretty sure that the dealer is not going to help me with this update.

magnetmandan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
My dealer called me back and said there was a new update released on April 11th. Said they have to physically have the vehicle to check to make sure it’s the correct update for my truck. I’ve got an appointment scheduled for this coming Monday.

Zabbu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have to recant what I said about my dealer being helpful. I called them back today to follow up and was informed that the TSB does not affect my 2018 ram. :(

OP
OP
PowrRam

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
I have to recant what I said about my dealer being helpful. I called them back today to follow up and was informed that the TSB does not affect my 2018 ram. :(

What problems does that TSB address?

magnetmandan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Just called my dealer and apparently an even newer TSB came out today. TSB 08-016-19 Rev. C. First item on the service bulletin says it fixes audio distortion.

William Hastings

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My free Sirius xm subscription finally expired. I thought that and the fm radio sounded like ****, used Amazon music today through bluetooth, much worse. This blows!

musicwatkins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6 cylinder
So am I understanding this correctly? There is a fix for our stereo issue but we have to take it in to have it installed?

OP
OP
PowrRam

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
Just called my dealer and apparently an even newer TSB came out today. TSB 08-016-19 Rev. C. First item on the service bulletin says it fixes audio distortion.

So am I understanding this correctly? There is a fix for our stereo issue but we have to take it in to have it installed?

I just got back from the dealer. I made a spontaneous visit and asked about any software updates for my Uconnect system and also asked about TSB-08-016-19 Rev B or Rev C. The service advisor looked up the Technical Service Bulletin and said that yes, it addresses stereos with sound distortion and also volume issues. Right away I'm thinking it's THE FIX for overly bassy equalizer settings and overly loud Android Auto reading of text messages. He said there were two software updates related to this TSB and they would either take 1.3 hours or 1.9 hours to install, and "if your truck scans as one that takes the update do you want to wait while we install it or make an appointment and come back?"

"I'LL WAIT." (It's only been 7 months, I can wait another 2 hours in a dealer's customer waiting area!)

A tech took my truck back and scanned it, but alas, the software updates that would address the issues in the TSB do not apply to my truck. The service advisor said my truck's Uconnect software application version was 21.9, and was up-to-date. There are no other Uconnect software updates available for my truck. He also said he's aware of the overly bassy radio problem and the last thing he heard was that an OTA update was going to be pushed in June to address that issue and many, many more issues. This is essentially the same story I heard when I discussed the issue with the service manager when I got an oil change about a month ago.

So there you have it. Apparently 2018 Rams with the stock 6 speaker, 8.4" screen are not part of the issue being discussed and solved in TSB 08-016-19. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to run your truck into the dealer and have them check it out.