Uconnect Software Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b2stepin13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2014 Ram Express and was experiencing trouble making calls and using voice assist on my 5.0 UConnect unit. I checked various forums and found that there was a software update from 2014, and after inputting my VIN#, I was shown that I qualify for this update.
I downloaded it onto a flash drive, inserted the flash drive into the center console and watched as the update was uploading to my radio. At about 99%, an error message a displayed on the screen, “Error Message 114, Update Failed, remove USB stick”.
Well, I now have a radio that displays “UConnect”, and is now a “brick”. I no longer have a radio, settings for the truck, or rear camera. UConnect suggested pushing the VR and phone buttons together or leave the truck off for hours. Nothing worked. Their response-“it must be a defective radio”. Checking further, there also appeared to be a USB recall for the radio, which UConnect should have known and seeing that quite a few others had the same problem as I did,
maybe UConnect should take the software update off of their website, unless they don’t care that others will have to buy a new radio.
I no longer have confidence in UConnect!

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
Unfortunate. I hope you get this resolved without having to come out of pocket. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PowerWagon18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Just for giggles, try disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes and then trying the radio again. This will disable the sleep mode and hopefully reset everything back to pre-flash.

PoleMonkey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The data could be corrupt. Delete the old file downloaded from the web, Re download the file then transfer it to the flash drive. Plug in the flash drive prior to starting the vehicle.

OP
OP
b2stepin13

b2stepin13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I appreciate all of your suggestions. I have tried all, however, I brought the vehicle to the dealer for diagnosis and decision is that I need a replacement radio, which will take about 3-4 weeks.
Apparently the software update on Uconnect’s website is what caused my and quite a few others’ radios to freeze up. Uconnect should take it off of the website to prevent anyone else from ruining their radios.