Uconnect update with diablo sport pcm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LilRamie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hi I'm pretty sure I know the answer but figured id double check on the forums for feedback. I have received the recall usb update for my uconnect which i havent installed as of yet. Ive also swapped out my pcm for diablo sport tunning. If I run the usb update does it interact with the pcm any or is it strickly the radio? I dont want to have it attempting to write to what it thinks is a standard factory pcm and somehow botch things up. Anyone else run this yet with a 15‘ DS pcm on there ram and if so any issues?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Swap back in the factory PCM and tuning whenever you go to the dealer. They might flash the truck while its there for something different and then you're screwed. You'll have to pay for diablo to unlock the PCM again.

OP
OP
L

LilRamie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I totally agree and understand however, i wasnt planning on going to the dealer for the uconnect update. They mailed me a usb so i was going to run it myself... Hence my original question

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'd be surprised if the radio interacted with the PCM.
It does in a limited fashion. It allows for the modification of several options that get stored in the PCM. If you remove the radio the options stay as last set, but cannot be changed without 're-installing a factory radio.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's a radio only update, not a PCM one. I verified with 2 close friends I have that both work at different Ram dealerships in the parts department and service department. Took me about 10 minutes to do it with the usb in my driveway. No worries.