uconnect without NAV?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampleswow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i have a question, i have read many threads and seen many videos on the Mygig radio upgrade for our 3rd gen 06-08 trucks, i do like them however i am curious. i dont honestly need nav as my cellphone provides that free of charge and stays constantly updated and i dont plan on big trips in my truck, so i was wondering has anyone installed the other chrysler sebring factory radio that has uConnect but not nav (as pictured),

if this thread exsist please point me in the correct direction please and TIA.

Attachments

• radio.jpg
    radio.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 7

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a stocker from my 12, but I am not sure if it would work in your truck. I just upgraded to a Navi unit. I know you have to make sure you have the VIN and its the right frequency. Thats what I went to.

Attachments

• A7531126-A7A1-4773-9F81-0DA4FB611A76.jpeg
    A7531126-A7A1-4773-9F81-0DA4FB611A76.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
Sampleswow

Sampleswow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a stocker from my 12, but I am not sure if it would work in your truck. I just upgraded to a Navi unit. I know you have to make sure you have the VIN and its the right frequency. Thats what I went to.
i dont think the 12 would swap in. but i like what you went to seems the common upgrade i just dont really want/need the nav

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It will with the retrofit harness. FYI they made MyGigs without nav:

Screenshot 2021-06-29 at 16-18-33 MyGIG Radios Explained .png

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i dont think the 12 would swap in. but i like what you went to seems the common upgrade i just dont really want/need the nav
I actually got lucky and found a factory aftermarket one that was plug and play. There are plenty of units that interchange, I do know this lol.

OP
OP
Sampleswow

Sampleswow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I actually got lucky and found a factory aftermarket one that was plug and play. There are plenty of units that interchange, I do know this lol.
Do you have a link? Or could give me a model number I could use to start my search?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
MYGIG radios for the Ram & possibly the rest of the Dodge Fleet, i believe are Year Specific, 2008 would be the last year before they began using HI & LOW CanBus

The 2009 Ram & a couple of the higher priced Jeeps began using the HI CanBus System

.....I think Uconnect came out in 2009
The Uconnect system itself costs nothing above what you paid for the vehicle and will operate as normal.
Uconnect Access, on the other hand, is a remote services monthly subscription that gives you unrivaled access to your vehicle from just about anywhere. ................................................................................

Almost all the MYGIG Radios are marked by 3 letters
They would be in the Lower Right Corner of the face of the radio

If you view this site, you will see words like

Media Center 430 REN <- non Nav
Media Center 430 RBZ <- non Nav

Media Center 430N RHB <- NAV

The two 730 radios are both NAV

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sampleswow

Sampleswow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
MYGIG radios for the Ram & possibly the rest of the Dodge Fleet, i believe are Year Specific, 2008 would be the last year before they began using HI & LOW CanBus

The 2009 Ram & a couple of the higher priced Jeeps began using the HI CanBus System

.....I think Uconnect came out in 2009
The Uconnect system itself costs nothing above what you paid for the vehicle and will operate as normal.
Uconnect Access, on the other hand, is a remote services monthly subscription that gives you unrivaled access to your vehicle from just about anywhere. ................................................................................

Almost all the MYGIG Radios are marked by 3 letters
They would be in the Lower Right Corner of the face of the radio

If you view this site, you will see words like

Media Center 430 REN <- non Nav
Media Center 430 RBZ <- non Nav

Media Center 430N RHB <- NAV

The two 730 radios are both NAV

Would the 430 be plug and play or do I need a harness for those?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Could you please elaborate more on the retro fit harness or point me in the correct direction of the thread and also what gig is that I like it as well.
https://www.coastaletech.com/MYGIG_ADAPTER.htm. Hard drive size varies widely between vehicles, I've had both an 8gb and a 30gb.
Would the 430 be plug and play or do I need a harness for those?
No MyGig system is plug and play for your truck without the adapter harness. The CAN bus changes required happened in 2008 in the cars but didn't hit the trucks til 2009 (1500's only).