Unconventional PCV hose routing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tbgaus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9L (gas)
I am the original owner of a 1999 Ram 1500 Long Bed Quad Cab with the 5.9L Magnum gas engine and automatic transmission and towing package with the transmission cooler. It was special-ordered from the factory when purchased and it appears that it also has a non-standard PCV layout, as I am having trouble acquiring a replacement PCV valve hose.

On my engine, the PCV valve is located on the passenger side valve cover with a straight portion of hose crossing over the engine to the driver's side and then doing a 180 degree bend before it connects to a port on the intake manifold immediately below and slightly forward of the port to which the power brake booster connects. The only hose that I can find that relates to the 5.9L engine is the 53008675AB which is a shorter L-shaped hose that apparently connects the PCV valve (also located on the passenger side) to a port on the passenger side of the intake manifold. My engine does not have such a port on that side of the engine.

Because of the tight-radius 180 degree bend at the end of the host connecting to the engine, I am loath to attempt to use just a length of non-formed hose for this replacement, fearing that it will eventually kink at that point. Can anyone shed any light on what the correct part number of the proper replacement hose is?

Reactions: Mop

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
You can swap the breather and PCV valve between the valve covers, so you can change it to whatever you like.

Usually the PCV is on the passenger bank and the breather hose going to the air box is on the drivers side.

Spsully

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
not sure what I would do with your situation, but I have had pretty good luck with those spring looking things that go around hoses to keep them from kinking.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956