Uneven tire wear causing vibration?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My front tires have worn out more on the middle to outer edge than the inside, I'm assuming it's from being lowered and not being able to get everything fully in spec. Noticed over the past 2 weeks its getting to wear it shakes/vibrates over 40ish. Wondering if I should put the goodyears back on, they still have about over half tread, with even wear, or should I just get new tires.

Ramcharger60

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 crew cab sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My front tires have worn out more on the middle to outer edge than the inside, I'm assuming it's from being lowered and not being able to get everything fully in spec. Noticed over the past 2 weeks its getting to wear it shakes/vibrates over 40ish. Wondering if I should put the goodyears back on, they still have about over half tread, with even wear, or should I just get new tires.
Sounds like you need a good alignment. Find a shop that will do a custom alignment for you. The chamber should be at least -1° and the caster around 7°. That's where mine is set and my tire wear is even. If you don't have the adjustable upper control arms at least get adjustable upper ball joints

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
abouttobeglue

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The shop that did the 2nd alignment cut the tie rod ends to get it close as they could in line. Cant find the sheet that had the specs. What adjustable control arms or ball joints should i use? I'm pretty sure the front control arm ball joints are the kind you just replace the whole arm vs just the ball joint.

Ramcharger60

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 crew cab sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The shop that did the 2nd alignment cut the tie rod ends to get it close as they could in line. Cant find the sheet that had the specs. What adjustable control arms or ball joints should i use? I'm pretty sure the front control arm ball joints are the kind you just replace the whole arm vs just the ball joint.
Most are using the Inez hotrods 4/6 drop kit which includes the adjustable upper control arms. You can buy the control arms separately from them. I believe APC makes adjustable ball joints that adjust +/- 2°

Ramcharger60

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 crew cab sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Most are using the Inez hotrods 4/6 drop kit which includes the adjustable upper control arms. You can buy the control arms separately from them. I believe APC makes adjustable ball joints that adjust +/- 2°

Sorry it's SPC for ball joints

Ramcharger60

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 crew cab sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The problem is most alignment shops don't want to spend the time to dial in the alignment. You have to find a shop that specializes in custom/performance alignments. You will pay more but it is worth it in the long run. My shop charges $200 but like I said my tires wear perfect and I have 40k miles on them. That saves a bunch not buying new tires too often