Unhappy with Recon Tailgate bar...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thor09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Digging up an old thread but is your lightbar still holding up ok? I've had my Recon White Lightning for almost 2 years and I think it finally died. I was swapping it to my new truck and noticed that it was really dim. I pulled the fuse out and its completely rusted solid! I can't believe any connection was being made. I got a new fuse, cleaned all the rust and all the posts on the plug and there is nothing. I think I'll pull it off and look for a new one. I really liked the light output and function of the Recon, just wondered if there was anything new out there with more light or if I should just get another White Lightning....

Thor09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
That's good news man, thanks for the feedback :)

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
The new one has been working great! I sealed up the end with rtv and it hasn't taken on any water or anything. All LED's work and I'm loving it.

same with mine. still perfect

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Took my rampage through some good water here lately and it's holding up very nicely!!! Sealed it up with some black indoor outdoor silicone

pachuco77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a fire aand ice tailgate bar and i wash my truck atleast twice a week and have never had a problem

Black Cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe a stupid question, but are these plug in or do you have to splice wires to hook them up? One thing I don't want to do is splice wires - it's only going to be a problem later on down the road.

res1551cue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine came with a 4 pin plug that I just connected in the trailer outlet. The only one I had to splice was the reverse wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk