Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unused / Empty / Disconnected Electrical Connectors

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by Jukebox45s, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Jukebox45s

Jukebox45s Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    8Ltr
    Hi,

I have three unconnected electrical connectors under the hood. Photos attached here. missing-connector-2.jpg missing-connector.jpg

Does anyone know what they are for? Should they be connected? Are they for optional extras that the truck is not fitted with?

The circular white one - with the three lugs I would guess is an old aerial connector - but posted it here anyway - just in case someone knows different and can correct me.

The pickup has ABS - I only mention this as someone else thought this may be related to them.

Thanks for your help - the truck is in the UK - so local mechanics don't know.

Chris

2. Jukebox45s

Jukebox45s Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    8Ltr
    There is also this spare connector. Sits under the hood beneath the windscreen on the passengers side. This looks like a relay holder? Currently the hazards do not work - but the relay for these sit in the cab fuse box and a fuse for them is in the fuse box under the hood - both of which are good/new . Can anyone help with identifying what this may be for? Thanks
    DSC_0721.JPG

3. Jukebox45s

Jukebox45s Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    8Ltr
    I have discovered that the blue ringed connector and the flat white connector are for the towing electrics and electric brakes on a trailer. I still have yet to discover what the relay holder is for? Can anyone help?