Upgrade to flappy paddle steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skeletor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know if the Jeep or Chrysler SRT8 steering wheels would fit a 2017 Dodge Ram. I really hate the push button gear selector and would prefer the flappy paddle if possible.

Has anyone tried to do the swap?

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Following

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
I’d think you would have to enable it in the BCM. That is if the steering wheel would fit, and the connection would be plug ‘n’ play or be custom made. The wiring should be there already.
I can say that on the 2018 Grand Cherokee Summit I have, the is a soft button in the radio under the settings which you can enable or unable the paddle shifters. That is what makes me think it’s in the BCM.
I would think that if you used AlfaOBD this would work. Just a guess at this point though.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I vote you pull the trigger and let us know if it works I never really thought about to till this post but it would be cool

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Does anyone know if the Jeep or Chrysler SRT8 steering wheels would fit a 2017 Dodge Ram. I really hate the push button gear selector and would prefer the flappy paddle if possible.

Has anyone tried to do the swap?

It's been tried,and as far as I know the SRT wheel doesn't fit,the grapevine says something about wiring and spline differences between the car and truck wheels,whether that's true i'm not sure though.There used to be a young Chryco tech in Edmonton who was making plug - n-play paddle shifter kits,but enough guys pissed him off by wanting him to tell them how to do it,instead of buying his kit,he's quit making them.I have one of his kits in my 14 and love it.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/srt-steering-wheel-swap.83820/page-2