2011 ST gauge cluster and steering wheel upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rsestili

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello, I have a 2011 1500 with the stock/base gauge cluster and steering wheel with no buttons. I recently purchased an upgraded EVIC cluster and wheel from a 2012 SLT model (both removed from same car) and swapped them. I also used alphaODB to add the sales code. After the swap, the gauge cluster seemed function correctly but none of the wheel control buttons work, not even the horn (the cruise control button which is separate still worked though). I have since put everything back to stock so it’s drivable. But I read somewhere there is a mod or a wire splice inside the clock spring that needs to be done to get this to work. However I cannot find it. Does anyone here on this forum have it by chance? I also had purchased a new clockspring and installed it however, it made no difference. Checked all fuses, etc.. all which were good hence returning it to its original state made the horn functional again.

Last edited:

Colten Langewicz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I have a 2010 ST myself. Is the new wheel that you bought a newer style wheel? I’d like to get rid of the cruise control stalk for the thumb cruise if possible.

Just wondering if cruise works on the newer style wheel