upgrading from '12 ST to 14' Sport...what fits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
before i start demodding the 12' I'd like to know what i'll have for sale VS. what I'll be keeping for my 14' Sport.

1.I read somewhere for my Vararam intake that it will fit, I'll just need a longer coupler between the element and the throttle body, is this correct?

2. Will my 85mm Moes throttle body work or have any benefit on the 14'?

3. Will my weathertech mats fit? I read that some drivers side mats on the 12' had one retainer hook, and some had 2. can someone tell me what the 14's had? I;m also going from a quad cab to a crew, will this effect the front mats as well?

4.How about my in-channel window visors? I realize the rears are diffrrent, but can anyone confirm that the fronts will fit?

5. I also have my mufflex muffler delete kit to swap.going from a quad cab to crew, will this fit or was there a different part number for quad cab 8speeds?

6. How about my drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads? I'd normally just buy a new set for the new truck, but i only have about 5k miles on them. As long as i keep the same rotors with the same pads (i.e front driver with front driver) is it worth swapping them over?

Last edited:

chris1965

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can tell you for sure, the '14 has two hooks for the floor mat.

The rest....can't tell you.

amocoharley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dont believe anything will fit so probably should just sell it all to me for 200 bucks. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dont believe anything will fit so probably should just sell it all to me for 200 bucks. [emoji106]

I'll better that offer. PM me for details. Lol

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
before i start demodding the 12' I'd like to know what i'll have for sale VS. what I'll be keeping for my 14' Sport.

1.I read somewhere for my Vararam intake that it will fit, I'll just need a longer coupler between the element and the throttle body, is this correct?

2. Will my 85mm Moes throttle body work or have any benefit on the 14'?

3. Will my weathertech mats fit? I read that some drivers side mats on the 12' had one retainer hook, and some had 2. can someone tell me what the 14's had? I;m also going from a quad cab to a crew, will this effect the front mats as well?

1) i believe you are correct

2) i dont think it works

3) quad to crew mats are different. you can wedge them in there, but they dont fit very well, defeating the purpose of an exact fit floor mat, imo.

OP
OP
C

cbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
4. How about my in-channel window visors? I realize the rears are diffrrent, but can anyone confirm that the fronts will fit?

5. I also have my mufflex muffler delete kit to swap.going from a quad cab to crew, will this fit or was there a different part number for quad cab 8speeds?

KingTuna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
If only the front of the in channel visors will fit, your probably better off buying the whole set again. If I remember correctly its only like 20$ more to get the full set than to get just either the front or back.

OP
OP
C

cbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I never rocked the reas on my quad cab, i thought they looked funky anyway. Im just not sure how front-only VS fron and rear on a crew cab would look...

OP
OP
C

cbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bump.i added more items to the 1st post

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The mufflex should fit with no problems. The mufflers are the same size across all can configurations

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Vararam will need 5.5" coupler and a new front wing.

Throttle body will not work...2013+ use a completely different unit.

Mufflex kit fits all 09-up with dual exhaust, so you are good there.

OP
OP
C

cbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ttt. Added more stuff to the original post.

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'll buy the throttle body and the vararam if your willing to sell either

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i wouldnt bother switching the brakes, but thats me.