Upper control arm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zach58

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Currently have a 6 inch suspension lift n a 3 inch body. Is there any control arms that’ll add like 2 more inches up front?

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Currently have a 6 inch suspension lift n a 3 inch body. Is there any control arms that’ll add like 2 more inches up front?
Wait for the Core 4x4 UCAs , they should be up for sale on their website Mid November ... they already posted a shot of them getting fine tuned on their instagram, so they might be coming out with them any day now ...

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The control arms do not add lift. That would be in your front struts. Your 6” rough country lift is it lift struts or was it the spacers? If it’s spacers you can install leveling struts or coilovers to gain 2”. Your upper control arms probably don’t like the 22x14 -76 wheels and your hubs might not either. The clunking you are experiencing did you narrow it down to the UCAs? My choice on UCAs would be core, icon, or jba. Rough country has done if you’re trying to save a few dollars but I wouldn’t trust them with your wheel setup.
Edit. Dug deeper. Realize you are 2wd so it’s not struts. It’s springs and a lift knuckle. The maxtrac kit is 7” so that may have been a better option for you instead of the rough country. The 2wd is a bit tougher since there are no lifts that relocate the lower control arms that I know of.

OP
OP
Zach58

Zach58

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Wait for the Core 4x4 UCAs , they should be up for sale on their website Mid November ... they already posted a shot of them getting fine tuned on their instagram, so they might be coming out with them any day now ...
The control arms do not add lift. That would be in your front struts. Your 6” rough country lift is it lift struts or was it the spacers? If it’s spacers you can install leveling struts or coilovers to gain 2”. Your upper control arms probably don’t like the 22x14 -76 wheels and your hubs might not either. The clunking you are experiencing did you narrow it down to the UCAs? My choice on UCAs would be core, icon, or jba. Rough country has done if you’re trying to save a few dollars but I wouldn’t trust them with your wheel setup.
Edit. Dug deeper. Realize you are 2wd so it’s not struts. It’s springs and a lift knuckle. The maxtrac kit is 7” so that may have been a better option for you instead of the rough country. The 2wd is a bit tougher since there are no lifts that relocate the lower control arms that I know of.
I was originally going with the maxtrac but didn’t wanna spend the extra couple hundred lol. Should of but anyways I’m not 100% it’s the UCA. It was my best guess honeslty I’m like 60-70% sure. I almost can feel it in the pedal, if I’m stopped n hit the gas there will be like 2-3 quick clunking sound and then sometimes another. But then it dosnt happen again until I hit the brakes, it seems like I can feel it going down n then 2-3 clanks. Will also get 1 or 2 when turning.

Thanks a lot for the response by the way. I Appreciate it