Upper Control Arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueStreakHemi14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys... new to the forum here. I'm sure this may be beating a dead horse but i need a straight answer.
I have a 2014 1500 that I just leveled (2" spacers in front) Installed RC N3 shocks and 33"x10" wheels. That out of the way, I'd like to get ahead of the ball joint issue that may come my way.
So I want to know if UCA's for 4wd are the same as 2wd.
I've researched brands and would prefer the JBA.
Appreciate any help.

Texastrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’d like to confirm this again, all 4wd UCA’s are the same for 2wd dodge Rams? I have a 2014 1500

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you guys are interested we offer Zone, Maxtrac, and Icon UCA's. We highly recommend the Zone UCA's for all application unless you are going with 2.5 coil overs and off roading, then we recommend the Icon delta joints to allow for more travel.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey nick what’s durability of the icon delta joints vs the zones? I like my zones but may swap to the UCAs when I do the 6112s if there is any benefit to it

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey nick what’s durability of the icon delta joints vs the zones? I like my zones but may swap to the UCAs when I do the 6112s if there is any benefit to it

Depends on how you use the Icons. We have them on many trucks that really use full travel and beat em up off road and they take it very well. We have a ton of Raptor customers that run 3.0 coil overs, hydraulic bumps stops, etc...and run the Icon UCA's off road. They really do seem to be reliable even with the regular abuse. The biggest benefit of the delta joints are their ability to allow for increased travel over a traditional style ball joint.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Depends on how you use the Icons. We have them on many trucks that really use full travel and beat em up off road and they take it very well. We have a ton of Raptor customers that run 3.0 coil overs, hydraulic bumps stops, etc...and run the Icon UCA's off road. They really do seem to be reliable even with the regular abuse. The biggest benefit of the delta joints are their ability to allow for increased travel over a traditional style ball joint.
What UCAs do you recommend for the 7" maxtrac lifts, I would go with Maxtrac but I am not going to support a company who's customer service is @$$ ....

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What UCAs do you recommend for the 7" maxtrac lifts, I would go with Maxtrac but I am not going to support a company who's customer service is @$$ ....

You want something that is NON-angle correcting right? If thats the case options are a bit limited. The Maxtracs are the best option in non angle correcting

Thanks ! I was told by a shop to use the maxtracs but those are out of my price range and would like to find some in the $3-500 range.
Zone UCA's all the way! They are slightly above your price range but totally worth it as long as you are above stock height. Are you leveled?

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
You want something that is NON-angle correcting right? If thats the case options are a bit limited. The Maxtracs are the best option in non angle correcting

Zone UCA's all the way! They are slightly above your price range but totally worth it as long as you are above stock height. Are you leveled?
I guess I will have to get some Maxtracs lol ...

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
let me know when you are ready to pull the trigger.
Lol ... I will lol ... holy $h1T man lol .. I have been trying to call Maxtrac all day to ask some questions and give the dude a piece of my mind but they want you to press 5 to connect to the next available rep and then it says due to high call volume no one is available lol ..... SMH ! :fca5278e:

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lol ... I will lol ... holy $h1T man lol .. I have been trying to call Maxtrac all day to ask some questions and give the dude a piece of my mind but they want you to press 5 to connect to the next available rep and then it says due to high call volume no one is available lol ..... SMH ! :fca5278e:

Damn, sorry to hear that. Email them, many of the manufacturers respond to emails quicker. I know its tough to convey what you want to say in an email sometimes but its worth a shot.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Damn, sorry to hear that. Email them, many of the manufacturers respond to emails quicker. I know its tough to convey what you want to say in an email sometimes but its worth a shot.
@Nick@GotExhaust dude I finally got a hold of Sean Romo from Maxtrac ... I told him what happened with the guy from their warranty department and he said "I am going to send out new coil springs to you right away" ... WHAT !!!! lol ....

It has been months of me trying to get a hold of him and I finally did, everyone else gave me the runaround and he straight up said "I am going to take care of you" ..

So my new coil springs are on their way here so I expect to get them within a week since they are only about 45 minutes from here ....

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@Nick@GotExhaust dude I finally got a hold of Sean Romo from Maxtrac ... I told him what happened with the guy from their warranty department and he said "I am going to send out new coil springs to you right away" ... WHAT !!!! lol ....

It has been months of me trying to get a hold of him and I finally did, everyone else gave me the runaround and he straight up said "I am going to take care of you" ..

So my new coil springs are on their way here so I expect to get them within a week since they are only about 45 minutes from here ....

Sucks it took so long but that is awesome that he is getting it resolved!!

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

They are 45 minutes away and you are having the stuff sent out?! My gosh it takes 45 to get to anything around here. I would just rip over there and grab the stuff haaaaaa