USB finally recognizing media

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sigfla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I finally got my 2023 Limited USB to recognize media. Sucks it only sees MP3. I have an iPhone so CarPlay works for my song library but I was hoping I could view pics or (I know there is no media player) videos. Seems like MP3 only media is limiting with 2024 tech. I suppose I could DL a few podcasts for longer drives. Does anyone use their USB for anything other than music?

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I only use mine for music. I use my smart phone for podcasts through the uConnect system, direct bluetooth or Android Auto.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Didn’t try WMA bc I read it wouldn’t work. Still kinda useless with CarPlay for me anyway. Gonna try and create a properly sized jpg and see if it can read it.
Yeah, I have a couple thousand songs in my Music Library on my PC. Most of them I ripped from CD's using Windows Media Player (WMA), but there are a couple hundred I ripped from old cassette tapes using an analog to digital interface and those were copied in Mp3 format. Then I just copied all of them to a flash drive for my truck, but the Mp3 files are the only ones that show the album art for some reason. Not that it matters, I know who the artist is and don't need to see a picture of them when the song is playing.