Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skinamarink91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Greetings,

Just a short intro - I've had my 2014 1500 Sport for a few years and I love it! I'm the second owner and the previous one took great care of it.

The uConnect system is great for what it is and mine came with GPS enabled. I live in Canada and although the GPS map works here I can't seem to input Canadian addresses into the search section (if I want directions to a particular address in Canada). I can only choose from addresses and locations in the US. I'm not very technical and am not sure where to go from here. As far as I know my unit is up to date with software.

Has anyone had this issue and found any kind of solution? For further context - I don't use my smart phone for personal and financial reasons and also don't want to purchase an external GPS unit. I'd like to utilize what I already have in my truck.

Thanks!

Randy Grant

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
About the only thing the search at the top is good for is finding a Walmart or Starbucks. Go to the bottom left and use the "Other Places" search. There you can choose country, city, and address.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Search by address, it works fine. Trick is to put in the street or avenue without the house number first and the street number with house number next. So 14304 79 st, Edmonton Alberta you put in 79 St first, and 14304 next, which is counter intuitive. I am in Canada too.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have done it ,But find it a pita sometimes, local address in town, first have to do province, city than the address. Silly thing should already know where I am.
But if you have saved a address ,it is easy.
Points of interest seem useless, other than for coffee shops.
I have never upgraded the system since I bought it new, so some places will not show up on the maps. Bad enough I spend some money to listen to the radio, but I have that down to about 100.oo/ year.
I am in Sk as well.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Search by address, it works fine. Trick is to put in the street or avenue without the house number first and the street number with house number next. So 14304 79 st, Edmonton Alberta you put in 79 St first, and 14304 next, which is counter intuitive. I am in Canada too.
When The girl was stationed at the base in Ed, she had a house on 50th

Randy Grant

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have done it ,But find it a pita sometimes, local address in town, first have to do province, city than the address. Silly thing should already know where I am.
But if you have saved a address ,it is easy.
Points of interest seem useless, other than for coffee shops.
I have never upgraded the system since I bought it new, so some places will not show up on the maps. Bad enough I spend some money to listen to the radio, but I have that down to about 100.oo/ year.
I am in Sk as well.
You think RAM is a PITA, try Toyjoka. That is the worst system I have ever seen. Not easy not use at all.

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
A question.
I live in Bayfield WI on Lake Superior and we want to drive the circle route which is about 1200mls into Michigan, Canada, back through Minnesota and home. Will my Nav work properly in Canada?
Maybe a daft question but……..

Obviously we will take maps too.

Anyone here actually done this trip? It is ideally done on a motorbike apparently. We intend using our truck and tent/motels for a total of about two weeks.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Your GPS will work fine in Canada. I have driven Canadian cars all over the States, never had any problems at all with the gps working.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
You think RAM is a PITA, try Toyjoka. That is the worst system I have ever seen. Not easy not use at all.
I usually get it to work just fiddling
What really bugs me is the lady that buggs me about my speed on main roads
Wife has that part already without the radio adding more nagging

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
Your GPS will work fine in Canada. I have driven Canadian cars all over the States, never had any problems at all with the gps working.
So you think US truck GPS will work up in Canada fine too, Dean?

Randy Grant

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I usually get it to work just fiddling
What really bugs me is the lady that buggs me about my speed on main roads
Wife has that part already without the radio adding more nagging
I figured out fast how to turn that wicked witch off.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Traffic stuff will not work here but we don’t have much anyway most of the time

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. A lot of useful info. Never seen that site. There again, to be honest I’ve never looked for it.

You're most welcome.

The next time I get in my truck, I'll switch my Nav to NY & Fla, USA and try a few addresses.

I know it's only distantly related but whenever we took my buddy's F150 to Florida, there was never an issue with his Nav. :cool:

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963