Vararam filter not fitting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

razor1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just seeing if anyone else is having the same issue. First vararam I got , the filter would stay down on the passenger front, kept popping out of the lower housing. Vararam sent me a complete new system and I returned the one with the issue. The new one keeps popping out in the same spot. I am considering making a bracket to keep it all together , but will remove it from their warranty if I mod it. I live in Florida by the beach in St.Pete, so sand is a major issue here. I don't want to be sucking any sand into the engine because of a bad seal at the filter. Ideas or comments?

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No trouble with mine on my 16 although you have to fiddle with it a bit to get it to fit right. Some times 3 hands are better than just 2. Glad no small children were around when I was trying to get it to fit correctly.
Jay

nickpohlaandp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine was a tight fit, but no popping out issue. I'm wondering if you are just unlucky and got two bad ones in a row?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
This is usually caused because of a misalignment of how the airbox is installed. When you close the hood, it basically causes the airbox to flex and make the filter pop out of place.

You want the back of the airbox to sit level with the weatherstripping at the front of your wiper cowl. Check to see if that is how yours is sitting. If not, loosen the upper clamp that connects the silicone coupler to the airbox, and have someone hold the intake in place level with that weatherstripping while you tighten the upper clamp back down.

shane1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
mine did that . put the back in and tighten it then tighten the front and push it back in place then tighten the **** out of it.

tuned by Jay Greene

Niteboss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is usually caused because of a misalignment of how the airbox is installed. When you close the hood, it basically causes the airbox to flex and make the filter pop out of place.

You want the back of the airbox to sit level with the weatherstripping at the front of your wiper cowl. Check to see if that is how yours is sitting. If not, loosen the upper clamp that connects the silicone coupler to the airbox, and have someone hold the intake in place level with that weatherstripping while you tighten the upper clamp back down.

First post.

Was wondering. Couldn't you completely install the vararam, but leave the top clamp somewhat loose. Just enough to snug it up. Leaving the intake itself up in the silicone sleeve/boot. Then close the hood gently. Thinking that the intake will slide further into sleeve then tighten the clamp ??

OP
OP
razor1

razor1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First post.

Was wondering. Couldn't you completely install the vararam, but leave the top clamp somewhat loose. Just enough to snug it up. Leaving the intake itself up in the silicone sleeve/boot. Then close the hood gently. Thinking that the intake will slide further into sleeve then tighten the clamp ??

I will try both tomorrow if the rain slows down for a bit, damn Hermie