Warranty question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

calvinbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Sorry if I am asking a question that has been asked before. I looked and could not find it.

Will a after market muffler upgrade void my warranty on my new 2014 ram 2500 6.4 Hemi?

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Id just call your dealer and ask, but I dont see why it would.

clark123456

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Id just call your dealer and ask, but I dont see why it would.

Get it in writing, preferably from Chrysler Group, not the dealership. Typically, if a warranty claim is denied because of a modification, they must prove that your modification caused the problem being denied on the warranty claim (I.e., a failure of a power seat would be difficult to associate with an aftermarket muffler installation).

swanny297

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Read up on the Magnuson-Moss warranty act

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:people should not confuse the issue. The OP asked if a muffler change would void the warranty. The answer is no all day. Next someone will say yes you can change it but it has to be a Mopar part. Calvinbr please pay no attention to the paraniods in the peanut gallery.

:crazy:

SafetyMan43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
By letter of the law....

Depends on what the warranty claim would be for.

If you change exhaust, and something happens and you burn a piston, they could reasonably say that the change you made caused it, and is therefore unwarrantable.

Technically it is up to them to prove that whatever modification you made caused the failure you are trying to get fixed under warranty.

Technically.

But, I promise you Chrysler has more money for lawyers then you or I, and will probably beat you if you tried to take them to court.

We could go on for days.... come over to the Harley boards, we have went on for days...

SafetyMan43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
....and after typing all that, I think I should point out that the first thing I did to my RAM is put a Flowmaster44 on it.

And the first thing I did to my 2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited is put a SE AC (like CAI), Rush Ceramic coated inside and out True Duals, Rush Big Louie Mufflers with 2 1/2" baffles, and a PowerVision2 tuner.

OP
OP
C

calvinbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thanks to all for the advice. Thus is my first NEW truck. The wife has had new ones, but not me. I don't want to mess nothing up. Again, thanks.

Calvinbr
2014 2500HD 6.4 Hemi

DeLucaTROOPA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Bilstein 5100

Anyone know where I can find the bilstein adjustable a for my 2012 1500 mega cab. Can't find me anywhere.