Washed and Waxed the truck up tonight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
m.truitt527

m.truitt527

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You want to get rid of swirls? It'll cost some money for the tools, but it's easily doable! I own a black DD that's swirl free!

For a DD, I recommend a sealant. If you like quick and easy with longevity, I'd look at Adams Quick Sealant. Super easy to apply and man does it last.

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.

Yeah eventually I want to do all the swirls and little scratches I have on it. Does the Quick Sealant cover all that up pretty well?

Did you just ask Mr Adams (LOL) about a wax to recommend? Like asking Dave Thomas where to get a burger........(well, if he was alive). :893karatesmiley-thu All kidding aside, Adams is some great stuff, I'd say their buttery wax is the bomb. Get a nice coat of that, the fukk her in between your Adams details! Thats what I do! :emotions36:

I wasn't paying attention :Stupid Me: How often do you do the Buttery Wax and the Fukken?

Like nick & chewy have said you need to use a quality sealant. Once you do you will never go without it. Sealant does such a good job of protecting the paint and from keeping the dirt from sticking to it its crazy. The Adams sealant works great.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you. I'm probably gonna order some of that next payday and take care of it. Does it cover swirls and scratches well?

Yep, go with a sealant if the truck sees a variety of weather and/or spends a fair amount of time outside.

Sealants, like our Quick Sealant, are engineered for maximum longevity and hold up very well to all sorts of conditions. Both of the waxes we offer, Buttery Wax and Americana Paste Wax, have a fair amount of longevity as well, but a sealant is the ticket.

If you want to amp up the shine a little bit after you apply a sealant, then you can top with a wax if you'd like. It will look better and help extend the life of the sealant at the same time.

Lots of options out there, all depends on the type of duty your truck sees and how much time/money you want to invest in how it looks.

It spends time outside 24/7 (Still live with parents and they use the garages so I have to park outside) Which wax is more recommended out of the 2 you suggested? I wash it normally when it's daylight and have a mix of light and dark when washing it due to trees.

I want it to look good from up close. Right now I see swirls everywhere and I have a couple of very shallow scratches throughout the truck's body. I want those gone or covered up as best as I can.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
You want a glaze like Adams Brilliant Glaze which has some fillers to smooth out the swirls, but correction is the best way. Buttery Wax has some fillers too. I'd recommend a base of sealant, followed by glaze, and then wax.

OP
OP
m.truitt527

m.truitt527

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You want a glaze like Adams Brilliant Glaze which has some fillers to smooth out the swirls, but correction is the best way. Buttery Wax has some fillers too. I'd recommend a base of sealant, followed by glaze, and then wax.

Alright. I will have to get those and try that. It'll be a day long project but well worth it. How often do you use all of that?

BIGBLACKHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks good gotta love black trucks when they're clean!!

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks good, but skip the wheel cleaner.

Wash and wax em just like the paint!

lelikmed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummnis 6.7
Clay bar it before waxing ... you will be amazed how much dirt is still left.
After waxing - seal it with synthetic sealant.