WDH Adjustment for new truck ride height and rake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Highroller62

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello,

I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Quad 4x4 with 5.7 Hemi I picked up a couple weeks ago. It's the Laramie Package, I'm loving the truck. I have a camper I pull with a Weight distribution system, being my other truck was a little taller than the RAM, I need to make some adjustments to the hitch system. My Ram has a front to rear rake, meaning the front is a little lower than the rear. Should I keep this rake when adjusting the hitch or adjust for truck to be level?

Thanks

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The truck will most likely level off once the WDH is set up properly. The ideal way to set up a WDH is by weighing it using semi truck CAT scales. You'll weight just the truck and then the truck and trailer with the WDH, both time loaded for traveling. You'll get the individual axle weights from which you can calculate your actual tongue weight percentage and see if you need more or less adjustment on the WDH. You'll want about 10-12% TW and any lost weight returned to the front axle.