week 1 review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Am3gross

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
just bought a new 2016 2500, 6.4, bright silver. coming from a 2014 1500.

first thoughts are the interior is a major plus. i had the bench seat in the front in the 14 and the 16 has the center console.

next i would have to say the motor is a major plus. i had the 6.4 in a SRT challenger and all though i have not got in it in the truck, i feel the power will be there when i need it to be.

then there is the color, didn't know if i would like the color but i do. i am coming from black so this is pleasant as far as the upkeep... because i am OCD...

and the last thing is the overall size of this thing... it is massive!

over all i am very pleased with my purchase. sure the Gallons per mile i spend driving it could be a negative but i did not buy this thing for gas mileage.. i mean after all if they wanted to advertise the gas mileage they would have put it on the window sticker!

bentpushrod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice review. I'm at 3 weeks in my '16 2500 with the 6.4, and am also loving mine. I'm a life long Ford guy, and went with the Ram. My old 7.3 Powerstroke was nickel and diming me, so I pulled the trigger on a new one. No regrets so far.

WaterBoy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie CC2500 Black Edition
Engine
Almost a year with my 14 2500 6.4 and I love everything about it.

No major issues, and I'm averaging around 15.5 mpg lifetime.

bentpushrod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Waterboy, I see you have the blackout package. That's what I got too!

OP
OP
A

Am3gross

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Almost a year with my 14 2500 6.4 and I love everything about it.

No major issues, and I'm averaging around 15.5 mpg lifetime.

i will be extremely happy if i get 15.5 mpg.. my 1500 was getting that! right now i am at 12.2, but she only has 250 miles on her. i know when she loosens up she will get a bit better

WaterBoy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes it gets better with a few miles on it for sure!

The winter fuel and warming it up in the cold kills the mileage a bit this time of year, but considering I get better mpg in my 6.4 than the 5.3 Silverado I had, I'm extremely happy with it!

WaterBoy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Waterboy, I see you have the blackout package. That's what I got too!
From the first time I saw one of the black edition 2500s I knew I just had to have one! :)

soper72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4 Outdoorsman CC
I've had mine for a little over a month with 1200 miles. Gas mileage is about 11MPG, but I really don't care it's too fun to drive. I've also had a lot of compliments on it. Can't wait till spring to latch onto the camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

Am3gross

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
I've had mine for a little over a month with 1200 miles. Gas mileage is about 11MPG, but I really don't care it's too fun to drive. I've also had a lot of compliments on it. Can't wait till spring to latch onto the camper.

yeah i want to hook up to my camper as well.. will be kinda funny though as i have kept upgrading the tow vehicle and not the camper, so when i finally hook up it will be to a 20 foot hybrid camper... the tow vehicle is bigger then the camper, lol... maybe it is time for me to get a new camper!!

soper72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4 Outdoorsman CC
yeah i want to hook up to my camper as well.. will be kinda funny though as i have kept upgrading the tow vehicle and not the camper, so when i finally hook up it will be to a 20 foot hybrid camper... the tow vehicle is bigger then the camper, lol... maybe it is time for me to get a new camper!!

Lol, I did the opposite. Bought a 30ft. 8000# camper 2 years ago with no way to tow it. After 2 years on a seasonal campsite we are ready to hit the road.

RoadDog66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

If you go bigger expect much lower MPG...definitely single digits. My 30+ TT yields 9MPG and under. I was considering going back to a hybrid :)

OP
OP
A

Am3gross

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
If you go bigger expect much lower MPG...definitely single digits. My 30+ TT yields 9MPG and under. I was considering going back to a hybrid :)

i am pretty sure my wife is not gunna let me spend anymore money, unless its on her of course... and a camper wont be for her! lol

NewBlackDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L

I can get 10-11 on an usually flat road with a tail wind!

i am pretty sure my wife is not gunna let me spend anymore money, unless its on her of course... and a camper wont be for her! lol

That's a shame! My wife actually pushed the camper, and will likely push the upgrade.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca