Weird issue.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark Kay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
New here, first post. Twice now in 2 months when I start my 06 1500 Hemi, the ABS and Airbag lights come on and radio and signals stop working. Shut it off and restart it and it's fine. No other issues with truck. Thoughts?

Karlsweg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Check grounds and try resetting the pcm by unhooking both battery cables and touch them together for about 30 seconds. It is an easy DIY that may work. Have you checked for any codes?

OP
OP
Mark Kay

Mark Kay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
No codes come up. Will try what you said.
Thanks

rickv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2008 Hemi 5.7
I have a 2006 2500 Hemi that does the same exact thing. Air bag light comes on, and I loose, my heat, turn signals, wipers, and radio. Doesn't happen all the time. If I drive it for awhile, turn engine off and on, it goes out and everything is back to normal.

Mark, just curious if you fixed your problem?

rickv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2008 Hemi 5.7
I know this post is old, however, I asked a repair shop about this as it still happens with my dodge.

I was told the ignition switch needs to be replaced. It hasn’t happened in awhile and when it does I jiggle the key and then it works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I know this post is old, however, I asked a repair shop about this as it still happens with my dodge.

I was told the ignition switch needs to be replaced. It hasn’t happened in awhile and when it does I jiggle the key and then it works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I have experienced this issue many times with plenty of my customers and several of my own Ram 1500's. After tapping on the key cylinder a couple of times everything would be operational again. The key cylinder turns the ignition switch so when you jar/jiggle the ignition key it transmits through to the ignition switch and things start working again.

Get yourself a new ignition switch. Remove the upper and lower shroud from the steering column and you can access the ignition switch. Disconnect the large electrical connector from the ignition switch and remove the fasteners that retain the ignition switch to the steering column and remove it.