weird shakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crc13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Hello, I am new here. I have a 2012 reg cab short box hemi motor. Love the truck. I have it lowered with springs and drop shocks. However, when I hit a bump, I feel like the entire truck shakes, kind of like it is too light and not sticking to the road. Weird feeling. Seems like the entire truck moves. Any suggestions?

ScrappyDogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hard to diagnose, but first and cheapest thing is tires balanced. If they are old, then one could be out of round. Whichever the case, take it down and have the rotated and balanced.. shouldn't be but 50 bucks. If it still doing it, raise front end off the ground and start shaking tires to see what's loose.. WHATEVER you do, use jacks, never use anything else. I had a bad experience once and if God didn't have that angel behind me, I would be missing 10 fingers at least.. trucks fall all the time. I still shake when I get under one.. good luck, hope this leads you somewhat in the right direction..

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hello, I am new here. I have a 2012 reg cab short box hemi motor. Love the truck. I have it lowered with springs and drop shocks. However, when I hit a bump, I feel like the entire truck shakes, kind of like it is too light and not sticking to the road. Weird feeling. Seems like the entire truck moves. Any suggestions?
Sounds like every Chevy I've ever owned. :p

There are lots of bushings that can wear over time and mileage. Pretty tough for us to diagnose from here. If this issue is something that's relatively new for this truck, I'd take it in and have the alignment checked. They can check for worn suspension and steering parts and give you a much better diagnosis than we can.