Well it happened!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buckfat

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016-2500
Engine
6.4 Hemi
image.jpeg image.jpeg Well I live in a town that has a bunch of idiot drivers. The main road into and out of my town we all call Talladega. Long story short a guy pulled out into my lane I had someone next to my left so I had no where to go. We made impact on my right front and his rear left , I feared the worst. I have no idea how there was not massive damage but the only thing I need replaced is my front right bushwacker fender flare. My front corner of my bumper hit and my fender flare then our tires made contact which I think made us bounce away from each other. I was running around 47mph no idea the speed when we made contact. Took my truck for an alignment which it was out but there was no damage underneath or my wheel. My fender flares are painted to match. I am going to start another post to see if anyone needs any 1 of the 3 because I am getting a new set. You can not order just 1 or even the front 2 painted. Of course you can if they are black. Don't want to go threw the hassle of trying to get the paint matched. The kicker to this whole thing was it was a 2007 Dodge truck that pulled out in front of me.

image.jpeg

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I drive for a living and can not believe how many bad crappy ******* drivers there are out there..lol

not sure how there are not wrecks just everywhere.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I drive for a living and can not believe how many bad crappy ******* drivers there are out there..lol

I drive for a living too and you're right. Too many impatient, distracted people out there these days. I see so many people texting/driving from my vantage point it isn't funny.

Every time I see an accident now the first thought that comes to mind is texting and driving. And I see other truckers doing it too. It makes a person act just like they're driving drunk. Swerving all over the place, driving either too fast or too slow, etc. Not saying that's what happened here but it's a major problem.

I have a TransFlo app that allows me to get/send messages to/from dispatch on my phone. If it detects the vehicle is moving it will not let you access the messages or allow you to send one. The would be a great feature for every phone. Can't imagine how many accidents this would prevent.

With my Bluetooth headset I can do talk to text so I don't have to actually handle my phone. Not perfect but better than causing an accident.

Last edited:

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7

The reason there are not more wrecks is because the majority of us are good drivers or at best, aware drivers. It seems at least a couple times a week I prevent a ******* from causing an accident. Geesh, imagine if the rest of us drive like the *********. The system wouldn't work, we wouldn't be able to drive cars for transportation, we would have to come up with something else!

Sorry about the truck. Bright side is, nobody got hurt and it doesn't appear you have to deal with the hassle of a severely damaged vehicle that you probably intended to own for awhile. Just a little short term inconvenience, but I would definitely be pissed off regardless of what I just said!

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had two accidents already with my 2014, I think other cars are so awed by my RAM that they just have to get closer. The first one was when a ford pickup pulling an open trailer to my left decided they wanted to be in my lane. I saw him coming and got on the horn and brakes and if he wasn't pulling that trailer I would have been ok. The trailer wheel caught my driver door and back door. he was ticketed for reckless driving.

The second time was driving out of a parking area to the main road and another parking lot exit to my right had a stop sign and I had the right of way. I saw her coming up to the stop sign and she was going pretty slow so I thought for sure she was stopping. I was almost totally past her when I saw in my peripheral vision she didn't stop. Somehow she caught the part of my left rear bumper where it curves around up the side. I ripped her right side headlights totally out of her car. If you don't look very close to my bumper you wouldn't even know she hit it. She also got a ticket for reckless driving.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Sorry OP, thanks sucks! Glad you are OK. Everytime I read these type of posts I count my lucky stars I haven't been in a fender bender. Some of the roads here in TX are narrow single lane each way with double or even single line lane markers -- at 70 MPH. Craziness.

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The biggest problem with most drives is all they see is what directly in front of them .....Anything to the rear or sides or 1 car past the one in front of them,nodda......No common sence,no one thinks 3-10 steps or seconds ahead and no one reads the traffic...A lot of times I can see what some are gonna do before they do it......Then again I have 23 yrs of long haul truckin under my belt to..

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
Ride motorcycles

Everyone and their grandmas are horrible drivers

Even the most attentive ones have lack of focus at times

When i was moto only and commuted on my bike, every week I had to position myself to avoid bad drivers from literally killing me on a weekly basis.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Lol yeah its like your the frog in the game frogger..
I ride at a faster pace than traffic when on my bike.

OP
OP
Buckfat

Buckfat

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016-2500
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I had a motorcycle that I did commute back and forth to work. After the 3rd time of almost being run over with in a 6 month period I trading it in for a Kawasaki Pro Fxt Camo. I drive for a living as well and I too can see things before they happen because of peoples ignorance. This one was so far out there that my NINJA Driving Skills could not even predict.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerred17