What’s your honest opinion on the new 2019 look?

Like or Dislike the new look?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

warv3t

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Now that you’ve mentioned your Harley, I have to if you are willing see a photo of that fine piece of machinery please. :)

2017 Ultra Limited (Milwaukee 8) (Charcoal Black /Denim Gray). Sounds like you may be a rider? Contrast 21 inch front wheel, 18 rear wheel, 10" Paul Yaffe bars, Mustang Seat, CVO blacked out tour bak lights, decatted muffler, Street Cannon Mufflers, Dyno'd/Stage 1, Long Ride Shield. Defiance Floor Boards/Grips/pegs

limited.JPG

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Now you’re really making me envious lol. Not any more as when I got married the wife made me promise not to ride anymore. So I just live vicariously through those with great taste in them. :)

johnts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I took my wife and daughter out for ice cream and overheard a guy telling his wife how sharp looking that Toyota was. I was confused as I didn’t see one in the lot. Turns out he was referring to my “ forward facing “ Ram lol...c4bd6cd369db639d83f496220915a47b.jpg
This would never have happened with the old body style. From a long distance you knew a Ram was coming at you. Now it is a guessing game as to what it is. I've looked up at commercials many times and thought it was Tundra when it was actually a Ram ad.
The Ram has lost it's identity. I don't know what they were thinking when they styled this truck. They spent all their time on the inside. The exterior is like an afterthought.

warv3t

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Now you’re really making me envious lol. Not any more as when I got married the wife made me promise not to ride anymore. So I just live vicariously through those with great taste in them. :)

Unless I wreck and she asks me to stop.....she knows not to ask. lol ...I just got back from a 1500 mile trip from NC to Miami and Key West.....back around to Tampa and circled back. Annual "mancation" me and some fellow army retirees do. The year prior was New Orleans and before that was Canada. I love it man. My wife also likes to ride, but not the far rides. Just to the beach for the weekend or something.

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
Honestly, I do not like the design of the new body at all. However, the new 2019 interior is probably one of the finest Interiors I have ever seen in a truck! for me, it just boiled down to the Toyota Tundra look which I truly do not care for at all, so I bought a new 2018 2500 instead.

Doxmia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The new bodystyle is what had me consider the Rams at all to be 100% honest. The 09-18 looked so dated compared to every truck out there. Personally I'm still a fan of the f150, f250, f350 body styles; I think they're the nicest exterior looking trucks out there. Until the '19 Ram the only other truck I think that could hold a candle to the Fords exterior body styling was the Nissan Titans.

I had nothing but problems with my '17 F150's drive quality, however, and since no fix could be found Ford lost a loyal customer.

The interior of the '19 Ram Limited blows everything else out of the water, however.

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Funny you should mention the "tundra" comment, I thought it was just me. The first time I caught a glimpse of a '19 was as it was passing me on the back of tone of the delivery trucks (along with a few other vehicles). When I looked over at it, my fist that was that it was a new Tundra, till it passed by and I saw the tailgate emblem.

hoe...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't care what the front end looks like, as soon as I get a 20 with the new interior and Cummins with 8 speed it'll be fitted with bull bar and brush rails anyway......
2e962adb1d6a36875ab0b935492115f6.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

warv3t

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The new bodystyle is what had me consider the Rams at all to be 100% honest. The 09-18 looked so dated compared to every truck out there. Personally I'm still a fan of the f150, f250, f350 body styles; I think they're the nicest exterior looking trucks out there. Until the '19 Ram the only other truck I think that could hold a candle to the Fords exterior body styling was the Nissan Titans.

I had nothing but problems with my '17 F150's drive quality, however, and since no fix could be found Ford lost a loyal customer.

The interior of the '19 Ram Limited blows everything else out of the water, however.

Although I've only ever drove GMC Sierras, I felt the Chevy Silverado (in certain trims) had the best exterior and the F150 King Ranch's interior was the absolute best. I stuck with GMC because it had that HUGE face that Ram usually has and I liked the big, boxy, burly look. This is just proof, that all of us have different tastes. I was one step away from a '18 King Ranch until I saw the Ram. Although I love the "big face" look ......I am OK with the softer lines of the new model Ram. Truth be told, I'm not brand loyal......and I would have stuck around for the 19 GMC if the interior had just a few more changes/additions because I love the front end on it.

I'm not a fan of Nissan or Toyota.....but I don't think that either is ugly at all. On a funny note, a few months ago, a number of my coworkers with King Ranches and Platinums knew their interior was A++. So did I. It's crazy because now they have said ......Dang, Ram makes our interior look dated. The fit and finish of Ram interior is just fabulous.

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
98673610-2D18-41E1-AC2C-306F03657F4C.jpeg When the 2018 Mustang refresh came out, the 2015-2017 guys hated the new look LOL.

2018 on left and 2017 on the right.

johnts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The new Ram is a very drastic change, unlike the Mustang.
The Ram will not win any awards for best exterior design as it is very generic and plain. The interior is the only thing saving this truck.

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
The Ram will not win any awards for best exterior design as it is very generic and plain. The interior is the only thing saving this truck.

The Mustang went through a drastic change 3 years before that mid cycle refresh. It has become one of the top selling cars again. The Charger had become stale, went through an FCA refresh, started selling again. Durango, same story.

Also, speaking in absolutes is dumb. Don’t say what the RAM will or won’t win. Just say you don’t like it. You guys clearly don’t speak for everyone - and neither do we on this side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doxmia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

The interior really does put it over the top, but I don't think the exterior is all that bad. IMO it's still the second best looking exterior out there. The '19 GMC's are better now that the wheel wells aren't as square as they used to be but the headlights (when running and turned on) look almost like they just copied/pasted the F150 lightbar into their housing. A bit uninspired imo.

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi

The interior AND exterior will likely make the Ram 1500 the 2019 truck of the year. I owned 4 of the 3rd and 4th gens and I was sick of them. That's why I went to a Ford F150 this last time. I'm back with my ordered Ram BECAUSE of the new exterior. If Ram had put the new interior in the old generation look I'd not be on this forum for sure. I'd still be driving my 2016 F150 until the 2019 F150 was released.

hotrod45

Military
Reaction score
I love the appearance of the '19. Favorite change: badges on the hood. I've owned an '09, a '10, '11, '13 and am now riding in a '17 Longhorn. I have already started calculating when and how I can move up to a '19. I'm torn between another Longhorn and a Limited, but maybe that will be solved for me if they start offering 22" wheels on the Longhorn. The '19 is a really great looking truck.

CBTBOB

U.S. Army Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here's a picture of my 18 Southfork Edition Longhorn....tbe 19's aren't that different in my opinion. I'm curious about the e-torque when it comes out. I'm leary of new models, I bought an 04 Titan new and it had new product woes. I do like the new sunroof.

20180213_095626.jpg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry, I’m not a fan of the new look. Basically, everything they changed to give it a fresh look is ugly. I don’t like the grill, the chrome around the headlights, the rear tailights with the black in the middle, the new rear stepped bumper with cheesy plastic around the exhaust, the new rounded dash, the new steering wheel with the big gap at the bottom, and even the new gauges are ugly. The only cool thing is the new large touch screen and new sliding glass roof. The hood I can live with. Ram has lost its bold styling and is trying to make the 1500 more like a car. How many guys actually put 22’s on a 4x4? I think 20’s look real nice and thats as far as I would go. Guys, tell me what you like or dislike as well. I’m curious if current Ram owners feel the same way as I do.

View attachment 133592

View attachment 133593

View attachment 133594

View attachment 133595

View attachment 133596
I agree all the way.