What a nightmare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mattyd926

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
so about a month ago I brought my truck in for the EcoDiesel reflash. After about 2 weeks a code came on and said service throttle control module. Fan comes on , thermostat drops to zero, coolant temp goes crazy, and I’m at about 70% power. Dodge had had the truck going on 3 weeks now and are saying they ordered a new ecm , apparently covered by this new warranty. Has anyone else had problems after they reflashed. I am very disappointed in this truck I went from loving it to hating it. Please tell me this isn’t a isolated issue

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
Nope. Runs perfectly once it warms up. It's a limp noodle when it first gets started now. Dangerous even

Shawn226

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
so about a month ago I brought my truck in for the EcoDiesel reflash. After about 2 weeks a code came on and said service throttle control module. Fan comes on , thermostat drops to zero, coolant temp goes crazy, and I’m at about 70% power. Dodge had had the truck going on 3 weeks now and are saying they ordered a new ecm , apparently covered by this new warranty. Has anyone else had problems after they reflashed. I am very disappointed in this truck I went from loving it to hating it. Please tell me this isn’t a isolated issue
So when I bought my 2017 (already reflashed) it got the service ETC code a lot on a whim, it is a known issue that FCA apparently still doesn’t have a true fix for? They wanted to change my injectors and a bunch of other long process high dollar **** that wasn’t necessary at only 5000 miles on the engine. I got the ECM tuned by GDE and haven’t had the code pop up since. I believe it’s a glitch in the reflash and while that a tune is an expensive solution, I was planning to do it anyhow... it just made it easily justifiable to my wife hahaha

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
So when I bought my 2017 (already reflashed) it got the service ETC code a lot on a whim, it is a known issue that FCA apparently still doesn’t have a true fix for? They wanted to change my injectors and a bunch of other long process high dollar **** that wasn’t necessary at only 5000 miles on the engine. I got the ECM tuned by GDE and haven’t had the code pop up since. I believe it’s a glitch in the reflash and while that a tune is an expensive solution, I was planning to do it anyhow... it just made it easily justifiable to my wife hahaha
How do you like it after the tune? I think this is next on my list of things to do. also, how long did it take to get your stuff back from GDE?

Shawn226

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
How do you like it after the tune? I think this is next on my list of things to do. also, how long did it take to get your stuff back from GDE?
I drove out there. 4 hours door to door from my house to theirs so the wife and I made it a day trip. Funny thing is I forgot to have them do the Hot tune when I went there, so I had to get a tune update... well if you have the funds to do the swap an ECM, I recommend that. It was 600$ refundable deposit on the core charge that once they received my old ECM it was refunded to me. No Down time for the truck. I love the tune, it runs so nice. No worry about DEF, and regens, however I have the pipes deleted too so I have no restrictions. That’s the one issue I could see is if you tune it to turn off the EGR, but still have DPF and SCR filters, they will clog up, and cause you problems.

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
I drove out there. 4 hours door to door from my house to theirs so the wife and I made it a day trip. Funny thing is I forgot to have them do the Hot tune when I went there, so I had to get a tune update... well if you have the funds to do the swap an ECM, I recommend that. It was 600$ refundable deposit on the core charge that once they received my old ECM it was refunded to me. No Down time for the truck. I love the tune, it runs so nice. No worry about DEF, and regens, however I have the pipes deleted too so I have no restrictions. That’s the one issue I could see is if you tune it to turn off the EGR, but still have DPF and SCR filters, they will clog up, and cause you problems.
You don't need DEF after? I didn't know that. That alone is worth it haha

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
You don't need DEF after? I didn't know that. That alone is worth it haha
He has a full delete (Off-Road)so there is no SCR to inject DEF into. I believe the regular Hot-Tune still uses DEF. I think it might be selectable for the 17-18 trucks whether to use DEF, ask GDE to be sure.

OP
OP
Mattyd926

Mattyd926

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
So I received a call that the truck was ready after 3 weeks. They tell me they tried a custom tune from dodge engineering ( I call bs) and that didn’t work so they ordered and installed a new ecm. I get the truck drive 3 miles and wamm the code pops up again and the truck did everything it did before like they didn’t even do anything. Wtf !!! So it’s parked right in front of their entrance as they were closed for the holiday. Getting very very irritated......

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
That just sucks

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Gotta wonder if they did change the ECM

genogator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
  1. I got the new flash in my 2015 Ram 1500. First thing I noticed was city mpg went from 21+ to 16 and highway went from 27+ to 22. Then the TCM (P0299), which drops max boost to about 2 psi, problem started happening but no observed problem with coolant temp or fans. Clear the TCM error and then get code for cyl 1 glow plug problem. Engine lags from stop or coast and jerks in traffic jam conditions. TCM problem doesn't seem to happen until on the road for more than an hour and maybe my imagination but seems like outside temp indicator is 87+ degrees. Anybody else seen fuel economy drop 20% or more?

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
My mileage stayed the same. I already screwed it up though with a leveling kit and bigger tires, so maybe I already had it as low as it could go lol

REBEL12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-torque
i have the 2014 grand Cherokee eco had it re flashed. now it jerks has a lot of engine lag and my mpg went down from 26 mpg down to 22-23 mpg. NOT HAPPY