What are these dash cubbyholes designed to hold?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kil1itwithfir3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the power inverter there in mine but in a buddies truck he keeps a pack of smokes there and a lighter

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I believe that spot is where the 110 volt inverter outlet is on higher optioned trucks
Negative. The 110 outlet is just below it with the flip up cover as can be seen in that photo.

I don’t know why it’s there, unless as someone mentioned it is to share a dash piece with the right had drive models. I keep a pack of gum in mine.

Seth Richards

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 l Hemi
We asked the dealer that last week when we bought my truck and he isn’t sure but thinks it might be for old time cell phones (before smart phones) and they just never took them out of the design as phones changed. I know my first cell phone would have fit in there lol.

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We asked the dealer that last week when we bought my truck and he isn’t sure but thinks it might be for old time cell phones (before smart phones) and they just never took them out of the design as phones changed. I know my first cell phone would have fit in there lol.
My first cell phone would have been way too big to fit in there.

festivus15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
pretty sure none of the phones i've ever had would fit.

Rt71668

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I keep my chapstick in there be cause that’s what I use to hold the gas handle down while filling up ! Best thing there is fits perfectly!

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I keep my chapstick in there be cause that’s what I use to hold the gas handle down while filling up ! Best thing there is fits perfectly!

I'm going to steal one of my gf's chapsticks now! Can't remember how long ago they "outlawed" those handles in NY, but I sure do miss them!

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anywhere you go outside of Ny they have them ! Thx to our idiot politicians for another useless law !!!

Yep I've noticed just about anywhere else we go they still have the good handles, hell I think even CA did when we were out there a few months ago. I could be remembering that wrong though, have been in a few different states lately.

Cummins Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I keep one of those small bottles of hand sanitizer in there.