What did you do to/with your second gen today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Dodge dude your dash is COMPLETELY different than mine was there a dash makeover somewhere in the 98 model year? My fog light switch is on the same plate as my passenger airbag turn off is up in the top right.
Yes. 98 was the crossover period

ChillyPhil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Went ahead and ordered the 37t speedo gear. All I need is ma locker. :D :D :D

Pretty excited to feel the difference when they're in. Probably won't be done and installed till mid-end April though.

Hope it fixes this tranny slipping problem I have randomly when I smash the gas..

BBartow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
Dodge dude your dash is COMPLETELY different than mine was there a dash makeover somewhere in the 98 model year? My fog light switch is on the same plate as my passenger airbag turn off is up in the top right.

I don't think that's his truck

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Yeah I just looked back that's not his truck, Bartow is right. But that is the old style dash that changed in 98. I just didn't pay attention to the thread or what year you have Arlucian. Assumed he posted a pic of his dash and you had the old style.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I gota stickler too. :naughty: I've driven it quite a bit since to and it is quite a bit better. Smoother at any rpm. Only problem i have is i can hear my lifters more know. Kinda worries me but it ruins better so idk
Damnit I want a sticker! :(
And nice! Mine kinda rumbles a little at idle, always thought it was the timing set throwing everything off. Did yours do that too?
lol That's not my dash.
I don't think that's his truck
:word:
Yeah I just looked back that's not his truck, Bartow is right. But that is the old style dash that changed in 98. I just didn't pay attention to the thread or what year you have Arlucian. Assumed he posted a pic of his dash and you had the old style.

98 was the change over year. New dash, seats, door panels, t-case shift pattern and lever. Headliner was mostly the same, except for Quad Cab.

98hemi-ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got my 3m clear paint protection film in the mail today. Should be quite interesting installing this stuff when I get the truck back. Haha

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427757721.797155.jpg

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Damnit I want a sticker! :(
And nice! Mine kinda rumbles a little at idle, always thought it was the timing set throwing everything off. Did yours do that too?
Not quite sure what you mean by rumble. The video i have of my bad ac compressor is how my isle was before (minus the grinding compressor) ill take another video of my idle here shortly

ChillyPhil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Just got an email saying my 4.88 rears may be back ordered. :(

Everything else was shipped. I called the company 5 minutes ago and talked to the same guy and he said they should ship out Friday. But the email says they are out of stock and won't be in till 1-4 months. So I guess I'll wait till next monday and see.

If I have to wait that long, I'm just gonna say f*ck it and go with 4.56s. I still need thick cut in front regardless of what I choose right?

rebel89820

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Just got an email saying my 4.88 rears may be back ordered. :(

Everything else was shipped. I called the company 5 minutes ago and talked to the same guy and he said they should ship out Friday. But the email says they are out of stock and won't be in till 1-4 months. So I guess I'll wait till next monday and see.

If I have to wait that long, I'm just gonna say f*ck it and go with 4.56s. I still need thick cut in front regardless of what I choose right?
check these out... just saw on ebay... not sure if front or rear but might be worth looking into. says 9 left in stock...uploadfromtaptalk1427762221274.jpguploadfromtaptalk1427762232463.jpg

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Not quite sure what you mean by rumble. The video i have of my bad ac compressor is how my isle was before (minus the grinding compressor) ill take another video of my idle here shortly
Like you can feel a bump at idle in the seat and watch your idle go up and down on the tach.

ChillyPhil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
check these out... just saw on ebay... not sure if front or rear but might be worth looking into. says 9 left in stock...View attachment 47863View attachment 47864

I emailed that guy last night. It seems to not have a part number or a brand so I'm not 100% sure on it. What would you do? I just don't want something happening down the road since this is a big investment for me.

I'm calling 4wheelparts first because they have a G2 set for the 9.25 that says "discontinued" but I can add it to my cart. So if they have it in stock, I'll be ordering it.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Well i made call this morning. The problem i had with my led headlights going out on the driverside had continued since i first brought it up. If thought I'd fixed it by tightening the power cord but it had berm doing it since just not as bad as the first time. It'll go out or get really dim but then if i snack tne fender with my palm, hit a bump or jiggle the wires it comes back on. Well called sbl this morning and they are sending me an entire new kit to replace it and I'll send my old kit back. Good customer service from them

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
Quick question guys, do you think i should go with 5k HID fog lights, or LED fog light bulbs? I do plan on getting those superbright LED bulbs like dapepper

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Quick question guys, do you think i should go with 5k HID fog lights, or LED fog light bulbs? I do plan on getting those superbright LED bulbs like dapepper

Personally i would go with the 5ks just because of the fact that the led bulbs are 6200k and 5k will cut through weather better