What did you do to/with your second gen today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NightMares

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
*** is code for he's calling me names. Pirate forum is strictly off road and a bunch of cocky ***** that can't give a compliment, only criticise. They have a reputation for being *****.

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
Ohhh kayy.."slowly walks away"

Yall should just drop your differences......you both have big beautiful 2nd gen rams. Get along. Look at what you have in common like yalls passion for big 4x4 dodges. Not your differences.........just my $.02

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Wow man. Thanks for the lovely insight. I'll keep the personal attacks to myself, but straighten a few things out.

The BDS kit offers several options for the rear lift; 5" shackle flip, 5" block & add-a-leaf, or 5" leaf springs for a 3/4 ton truck. I want the truck to sit level, NOTraked in the rear with 5" front and 5" rear. It's easier for me to adjust the rear than it is the front. Once the springs settle, I will adjust the rear to match. As for settling, it's not time based, so it won't be a couple months. I drive a minimum of 100 miles a day for my commute to work 6 days a week, that's not including the errands run during the day on top of that. It might take a few weeks, but it won't take a couple months.

As for being our customer, seems to me like you do all your own work, so I don't have to worry about your opinion there. Based on my truck having a rake that I purposely did so I can personally adjust the rear lift height when I get the truck ready does not give off a bad reputation for a shop. You can think what you want of me, but attacking my work is a pretty low blow even for you.

As for the steering stabilizers, I personally feel it made a difference. Think what you want, you have your opinions and I'll keep mine. The truck drives better than it did before the lift minus being a little stiff from the dual shock which was MY choice and not my works choice, and I've already addressed that in my previous post.

Regardless if the dual SS's doesn't do ****, it'll draw attention from the current crowd of people. I'm not doing a 50" light bar across the roof, no 22's with 14 inch wide wheels and 33x12.50's. But the problem is that's the style of trucks now, whether you, or me, or a number of others of us here like it or not. I'm trying to keep my truck subtle but flashy enough to draw attention. We are a 4x4 shop, the flashier the suspension the better.

As for the left pull, I was mistaken on it. I should have driven it a couple days before posting the question last night after only an hour of driving, but I didn't plan on getting attacked for asking a ******* question.

Driving it home last night I felt it pulling to the left, driving it to work this morning it was pulling to the right. Not even a real pull, just something that if you let go of the wheel all together it would want to wander to the crown of the road. So it's not alignment, more than likely just from the 12.5" wide tires. It had a pretty decent pull to the left before the 5" lift, and driving it last night led to me believe it was still there, but simply put, it's not. Problem solved. No mistake made on my co-workers job, simply me being naive.

Not sure what you have against me Merc. You've been attacking me since the beginning of me being here, sorry if I don't fit into your "click" or whatever you want to call it, and sorry I'm not flooded with full information regarding everything known to man about the 2nd gen Dodge truck, but next time you have a problem and want to come after me send it in a PM and keep the Forum clear of problems.

Wow idk where to start to tell you the truth. It's a forum people have ops you better be ready for them.

Yes I do all my own work have for decades, so I might know a thing or two about trucks and ****. What your lacking to see is what I post you're not getting, all your doing is making up excuses after excuse about things. If you were just a guy doing this I would offer help but you come off as the SHOP and well a SHOP should or you should know wtf you are doing (as you sell these parts).

What is under my skin with you is just that you came off like you owned the shop, being a shopowner makes me have a diff view on things. But you only work there so......

As for the wandering check your caster, stock specs won't work on your truck.

:roflsquared: Nightmares and Merc. Hug it out guys. :love51: :roflsquared:

:roflsquared:

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
*** is code for he's calling me names. Pirate forum is strictly off road and a bunch of cocky ***** that can't give a compliment, only criticise. They have a reputation for being *****.

No no calling name that was not my intention guys not even close.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
BTW Nm you do have a nice truck and are doing some big mods to it. Hell I nominated it for totm.

01rammer1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow idk where to start to tell you the truth. It's a forum people have ops you better be ready for them.

Yes I do all my own work have for decades, so I might know a thing or two about trucks and ****. What your lacking to see is what I post you're not getting, all your doing is making up excuses after excuse about things. If you were just a guy doing this I would offer help but you come off as the SHOP and well a SHOP should or you should know wtf you are doing (as you sell these parts).

What is under my skin with you is just that you came off like you owned the shop, being a shopowner makes me have a diff view on things. But you only work there so......

As for the wandering check your caster, stock specs won't work on your truck.

:roflsquared:
Merc, you need to come to the U.S. and open up a garage. You would make a killing!! I have a tiny garage you can start off in[emoji51]

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah Pirate is one big sh** hole. I'll agree there lol and I'll join the steering issue gang, my truck likes to pull to either side depending on the humidity of the day. Also I have my Spintech 9000 ordered! Should have it installed next week when I go back home.

Sent from the howitzer

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
You guys need to adjust the caster bring your pinion angle down. That is done with the cam bolts btw.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Merc, you need to come to the U.S. and open up a garage. You would make a killing!! I have a tiny garage you can start off in[emoji51]

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Where and does it have a cement floor?

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Edited lol meant front wheels not throat

That's camber and that's a bj problem, if I get what you're asking. Top of the tires are cantered in i take it?

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
Man don't let nothing get to you. This is a great forum lots of great people. Merc225hp is a great guy. U just have to be really clear with the Canadians lol [emoji23] trust me when I first got on this forum I'll start it off on a real bad foot ask these guys.

kpd12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Damn I missed all kinds of interesting things here today... Lol

Pinion angle is my steering issue right now. Just need to find extra hours in a day soon to change to longer control arms, that are lying on the floor ready to install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
That's camber and that's a bj problem, if I get what you're asking. Top of the tires are cantered in i take it?
They are just a hair but its not killing my tires yet I just wanted to address it before it starts eat my tires alive