What did you do to/with your second gen today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
i don't know if it is a dodge thing but they always seem to boost other vehicles pretty good no matter what. i have had to boost my 1 buddy diesel twice in 1 day. he had other vehicles trying to boost him and they did nothing. i hook up and his truck fires right up. he also had to call road side assistance a couple weeks ago for a jump and guess what. even with 3 booster battery hooked up to his truck they still couldn't get his truck started. he throws his old battery in the truck and it fires right up:roflsquared:. i found it strange that a professional couldn't boost and get a diesel running with 3 boost batteries but then again the guy showed up in a Nissan micra.

I remember when I worked at walmart we had a Cadillac CTS come in for a battery. Ended up dead in the water because we didn't carry a battery for it.

Sucker would not jump for anything, tried booster packs, tried a Group 65 jumper battery we used. Nothing. My night shop manager pulls his 08 Ram in with a FRIGGIN V6, revs it up to 4000rpm and the CTS fired right the hell up. :roflsquared:

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360
this weekend going to drop the oil pan to check my mains. i'm kinda afraid with the rough life my truck has had that my bottom end was causing my oil psi to drop. i'm pretty sure my oil pump is the culprit but i'm going to look anyway. seeing if anything is loose.

Last edited:

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
took the flatbed to check out a potential tow truck today!

Attachments

• r.jpg
    r.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 17

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
this weekend going to drop the oil pan to check my mains. i'm kinda afraid with the rough life my truck has had that my bottom end was causing my oil psi to drop. i'm pretty sure my oil pump is the culprit but i'm going to look anyway. seeing if anything is loose.

Heads up, not a fun job. I pulled the trans inspection cover for more room

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Today i ordered a new pacesetter y pipe, new cat arrived, metal for huffer bracket arrived and i did the trans fluid/filter/governor today in 25 degree weather. Went well until i went to start it up and i hadn't gotten a couple bolts tight enough and puked about a 1/2-3/4 qt on the pavement. Other than that no issues. Thing actually downshifts coming to a stop now though so i can't complain.

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Under the hood fixing/breaking something.
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
You're a trooper doing work in that temperature. It was in the 40's last weekend when I replaced my radiator and that's about the coldest that I'll tolerate working on a vehicle, LOL.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
I remember when I worked at walmart we had a Cadillac CTS come in for a battery. Ended up dead in the water because we didn't carry a battery for it.

Sucker would not jump for anything, tried booster packs, tried a Group 65 jumper battery we used. Nothing. My night shop manager pulls his 08 Ram in with a FRIGGIN V6, revs it up to 4000rpm and the CTS fired right the hell up. :roflsquared:
:crazy:
[yt]r1RiysqWBVI[/yt]
don't you have to pull inspection cover to drop the pan anyways? i am almost certain the lip at the back of the oil pan usually gets caught on the inspection cover which makes it nearly impossible to remove if you can at all.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Today i ordered a new pacesetter y pipe, new cat arrived, metal for huffer bracket arrived and i did the trans fluid/filter/governor today in 25 degree weather. Went well until i went to start it up and i hadn't gotten a couple bolts tight enough and puked about a 1/2-3/4 qt on the pavement. Other than that no issues. Thing actually downshifts coming to a stop now though so i can't complain.
Get that damn blower installed already!
:crazy:
[yt]r1RiysqWBVI[/yt]

Ha! I forgot about those commercials.

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Under the hood fixing/breaking something.
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Speaking of jumping, there was a guy at work who had a Ford Escape with a weak battery that would go dead over the 10 hour shift. I jumped him a couple of times and when he started cranking his engine, I didn't even have to rev mine. Idle dropped a couple hundred RPM but that was it.

LOL, and I remember that Nitro commercial. I always thought they were the coolest thing when they came out and used to badger mom and dad to get one. Then I got older and wiser and started taking more interest in mechanics than cosmetics and learned that they were actually total POS. Too bad because I still think that they look cool.

Last edited:

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360
I didn't even try to I started on the front bolts and the cross member was in the way. Seems like you have to get an engine hoist lift it up and then get those bolts. I don't have that equipment. I kinda want to just chunk the 360/46re for a 4bt and a nv4500. I like diesel tq but they're expensive and the build requires frame work which gets expensive. Not including nv4500 swapping

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
I didn't even try to I started on the front bolts and the cross member was in the way. Seems like you have to get an engine hoist lift it up and then get those bolts. I don't have that equipment. I kinda want to just chunk the 360/46re for a 4bt and a nv4500. I like diesel tq but they're expensive and the build requires frame work which gets expensive. Not including nv4500 swapping

4x4 you can do it. I did mine

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360
4x4 you can do it. I did mine
So how in the world do I get a socket to go on straight and not interfere with the crossmember
Edit: go from a different angle I went from the front and the crossmember got in my way.

Last edited:

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
So how in the world do I get a socket to go on straight and not interfere with the crossmember
Edit: go from a different angle I went from the front and the crossmember got in my way.

A wobble socket.

#PamperedByShopLife

:D

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Found today that I'mma need pads in the front again.

Didn't last quite as long as I'd hoped, but at least they were only 15 bucks. :crazy:

*edit*

Just over 4000 ******* miles on em and they're already worn about half or maybe a hair more.
lmao
If they weren't such a pain to change I'd just do em every oil change for how well they stop. :laughing1:

Last edited:

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Now that I've driven with these tires for a few thousand miles, I've got mixed feelings.
They're 10x better than my Goodyear ATs were and like 15x better than my BFGs (BFGs were old though too so there's some bias). These are quiet, smooth, do well in sand mud dirt and snow. Look good.

But, i miss when my ProComps were new. Those ******* straight up ate anything i came across. Sand they were a lil skinny but still did well, mud they were amazing, dirt even better. I could push deeper snow with my front bumper in 2wd with an open diff lol. Kinda liked the howl too. These Toyos don't quite compare offroad, granted they're an AT so i can't expect a ton but i do really miss the MTs lol. Kinda want some 305 MicketTs

In other news, yesterday i installed my dash from Genos Garage. Pulled the glue on cover off, pulled the airbag out and found out fitment on the dash left a little to be desired. But, it's in, all the bolts for it are in and I'm happy with it overall. My 98/99 bezel fits on nice and snug when before it was constantly falling off. Color wasn't the agate gray like my interior and like i expected though, more of a black. Works though.
20170130_164918.jpg
20170130_164928.jpg
20170130_164933.jpg
Today i found a farm with several 2nd gens sitting outside half torn apart. One is a beat up RCSB ORE Sport with a Viper style hood. Considering stopping and talking to whoever owns it see if they would be willing to sell the hood, maybe grille too.
701801.jpg
After driving those gravel roads the truck was pretty nasty so i went to the car wash and cleaned it up a little bit. Cleaned the wheels and waxed them even.
20170130_165127.jpg

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
Finished swapping my old 5.2l out for the half as old 5.9l. I busted my fair share of stuff. I still have to replace the transmission mount, but it'll do for some short city driving back and forth to work. Feels like a new truck, its hard to believe how tired my old engine was.

Just means I can never get rid of this truck now, not after everything i've spent and done to it.

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
Now that I've driven with these tires for a few thousand miles, I've got mixed feelings.
They're 10x better than my Goodyear ATs were and like 15x better than my BFGs (BFGs were old though too so there's some bias). These are quiet, smooth, do well in sand mud dirt and snow. Look good.

But, i miss when my ProComps were new. Those ******* straight up ate anything i came across. Sand they were a lil skinny but still did well, mud they were amazing, dirt even better. I could push deeper snow with my front bumper in 2wd with an open diff lol. Kinda liked the howl too. These Toyos don't quite compare offroad, granted they're an AT so i can't expect a ton but i do really miss the MTs lol. Kinda want some 305 MicketTs

In other news, yesterday i installed my dash from Genos Garage. Pulled the glue on cover off, pulled the airbag out and found out fitment on the dash left a little to be desired. But, it's in, all the bolts for it are in and I'm happy with it overall. My 98/99 bezel fits on nice and snug when before it was constantly falling off. Color wasn't the agate gray like my interior and like i expected though, more of a black. Works though.
View attachment 83790
View attachment 83792
View attachment 83794
Today i found a farm with several 2nd gens sitting outside half torn apart. One is a beat up RCSB ORE Sport with a Viper style hood. Considering stopping and talking to whoever owns it see if they would be willing to sell the hood, maybe grille too.
View attachment 83795
After driving those gravel roads the truck was pretty nasty so i went to the car wash and cleaned it up a little bit. Cleaned the wheels and waxed them even.
View attachment 83799
Get that hood if you can that's the one I put on my truck when i got painted I will post pics soon of truck

KyleW2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500
Engine
Got to weld on a cobra yesterday lol. Bolt was stuck and beyond stripped. Gonna buy rebuild and flip more bikes/four wheelers then move on to a bigger project. Already browsing looking for an old truck needing work. Gonna try for a single cab second or first gen with a decent body

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk