What did you do to your Gen3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My old original Trans that was replaced behind my 4.7 did the same thing one day. Went to 3rd and just revved like it was in neutral. I had to replace it.

Yea that's exactly what it did. Got a new one comin on Monday [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
When mine went I lost 4th and 5th, it would catch 4th and jump back into 3rd. It did that several times till it locked out 4th and 5th. If you don't tow or use it anymore they got some smokin' deals on Smart Cars.

I didn't loose any gears til today. Still shifted into 4th and overdrive smooth, just coming out of overdrive it would hesitate and thud but everything else was smooth and when ya checked the code there was a list of about 20 possibilities it could've been. Narrowed that list today. And haha, you're a comedian...

Jerseystyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I didn't loose any gears til today. Still shifted into 4th and overdrive smooth, just coming out of overdrive it would hesitate and thud but everything else was smooth and when ya checked the code there was a list of about 20 possibilities it could've been. Narrowed that list today. And haha, you're a comedian...

I would try flushing the system and replacing the filter before pulling the trigger on a new tranny.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I would try flushing the system and replacing the filter before pulling the trigger on a new tranny.

That was done not long ago, about 10k miles or so, when the solenoid pack went on it.

Jerseystyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That was done not long ago, about 10k miles or so, when the solenoid pack went on it.

If the seal on the filter wasn't seated right it could cause issues.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
If the seal on the filter wasn't seated right it could cause issues.

I've got codes for the 4th gear incorrect ratio so I don't think it's the filter. I wish it was tho.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser

If it makes you feel any better I'm in the parking lot of O'Reilly changing my passenger hub, fml. The god awful noise it made.

Last edited:

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
If it makes you feel any better I'm in the parking lot of O'Reilly changing my passenger hub, fml. The god awful noise it made.

Could've been worse could always be worse haha.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Could've been worse could always be worse haha.

Yes - it could have, went pretty smooth, gonna do the driver on Saturday with brakes and oil. That hub must have been going for a while cause the steering shimmy I've had forever is pretty much obsolete.

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I've had to change both on my truck. I'll go with the hub at o Reilly opposed to putting another trans in. Junkyard trans ftw

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Doing my hub next weekend, as I don't own a 1/2" drive torque wrench, but my buddy has one, and he gets back from vacation in two days.

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Funny thing is I need to replace my drivers side one lol

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Doing my hub next weekend, as I don't own a 1/2" drive torque wrench, but my buddy has one, and he gets back from vacation in two days.

120 ft lbs on the 3 hub bolts and 185 on the axle nut, socket for axle nut is 35mm, you can get the socket at O'Reilly.

Ram Lover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360
120 ft lbs on the 3 hub bolts and 185 on the axle nut, socket for axle nut is 35mm, you can get the socket at O'Reilly.
As long as the shafts are stock, I've changed mine and I think the new ones were 36mm, was over a year ago now i think so can't quite remember.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Ram Lover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360
As long as the shafts are stock, I've changed mine and I think the new ones were 36mm, was over a year ago now i think so can't quite remember.

And thanks for the torque specs I have to do my drivers side too.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser

Socket size is right out of my Chilton 02-08, I was having hell trying to find a 35mm at O'Reilly until I turned around and it was right behind me with the 1/2" impact sockets.