What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Got her all gussied up for the Ramforum meetup in Luckenbach, TX tomorrow. Very excited to meet everyone!

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
Left a Mellon on the passenger floor for two hot days. It melted and soaked the carpet and underlying foam. My new car smell is gone. I hate myself. Shoukd have not cheap out and bought real floor liners instead the oem slush mats.

DsrtRat08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Changed out the chrome door handles for the textured black ones. In the process of getting rid of the chrome. $85 for non OEM kit of 4 from 1A auto. The process was horrible and had a problem on every door with both the doors and the handles. I read in other forums how big of a pain this is and they weren't lying. For the driver side I taped the window up and the other 3 just set the glass down in the door. Neither worked that great. The tabs on the back of the handles were a little off and had to trim all four of them and the plastic clip on one of them had to be replaced with the old one from the handle I took off. 20180719_153536.jpg 20180719_153541.jpg 20180719_150709.jpg 20180719_150707.jpg 20180720_104622.jpg

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Thanks. I wish to never have to do this again lol. Sooo much work

That’s why shops charge what they charge LOL. I know your pain. Im a weekend warrior detailer at heart. I love it. Doing my own vehicles of course. But I bet you don’t even realize how therapeutic it is in a sadistic way.

You did an amazing job and I can appreciate the work you put in. Takes a special breed

Mods: EGR matte black bug deflector, Westin HDX drop steps, rough county bull bar with 20” LED, custom made NW seat covers in real tree camo, husky liner mats, husky liner mud guards, undercover LUX tonneau cover, Tailgate assist, flowmaster super 40 with resonators, tinted 15% front, LED C shaped tail lights. Line-X 5.7’ box

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Changed out the chrome door handles for the textured black ones. In the process of getting rid of the chrome. $85 for non OEM kit of 4 from 1A auto. The process was horrible and had a problem on every door with both the doors and the handles. I read in other forums how big of a pain this is and they weren't lying. For the driver side I taped the window up and the other 3 just set the glass down in the door. Neither worked that great. The tabs on the back of the handles were a little off and had to trim all four of them and the plastic clip on one of them had to be replaced with the old one from the handle I took off. View attachment 134952 View attachment 134953 View attachment 134954 View attachment 134955 View attachment 134956
Holy cow, man. Sorry you had such an ordeal with this mod. I am sure it looks MUCH better now though!

DsrtRat08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks so much better. Crazy to think changing out my muffler for the Carven was easier and only took 30 minutes compared to door handles. Next up is color match grille with honey comb inserts. Should be here Wednesday

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
I did a lot this week in preparation for the Ramforum meetup tomorrow, but by far the coolest/easiest/cleanest was painting my chrome exhaust tip which is welded on. I was going to get it powdercoated, but this high heat chassis enamel works fantastic. Some 80 grit paper, wiped it down with rubbing alcohol, a little taping and rattle can action.

QKNHt+xjTLSZ0G%0FY3jfQ.jpg A9P+1a2xRriPN679ISoJRA.jpg RDZQZLu6RUiUn8v20D+TwA.jpg QOmR1BB9Quy6r1n0kGmi1Q.jpg

IronCity

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Changed out the chrome door handles for the textured black ones. In the process of getting rid of the chrome. $85 for non OEM kit of 4 from 1A auto. The process was horrible and had a problem on every door with both the doors and the handles. I read in other forums how big of a pain this is and they weren't lying. For the driver side I taped the window up and the other 3 just set the glass down in the door. Neither worked that great. The tabs on the back of the handles were a little off and had to trim all four of them and the plastic clip on one of them had to be replaced with the old one from the handle I took off. View attachment 134952 View attachment 134953 View attachment 134954 View attachment 134955 View attachment 134956

I have the black handles, I wish I had the body colored ones. Good idea getting rid of some chrome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DsrtRat08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the black handles, I wish I had the body colored ones. Good idea getting rid of some chrome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a toss up between body color or black. The fact I am going to the black honey comb grille and black wheels eventually made me go with the black.. that and the price tag. Just over $200 for the OEM body color handles.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
That’s why shops charge what they charge LOL. I know your pain. Im a weekend warrior detailer at heart. I love it. Doing my own vehicles of course. But I bet you don’t even realize how therapeutic it is in a sadistic way.

You did an amazing job and I can appreciate the work you put in. Takes a special breed

Mods: EGR matte black bug deflector, Westin HDX drop steps, rough county bull bar with 20” LED, custom made NW seat covers in real tree camo, husky liner mats, husky liner mud guards, undercover LUX tonneau cover, Tailgate assist, flowmaster super 40 with resonators, tinted 15% front, LED C shaped tail lights. Line-X 5.7’ box
Thanks....it takes a perfectionist. Every time I think I’m done with a section I see something in different light and have to do it again. For instance Wednesday night I did the bed of the truck. Last night while working on the rear door I noticed a scratch on the fuel door. Of course I Had to fix it. Now it needs polished again lol

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Thanks....it takes a perfectionist. Every time I think I’m done with a section I see something in different light and have to do it again. For instance Wednesday night I did the bed of the truck. Last night while working on the rear door I noticed a scratch on the fuel door. Of course I Had to fix it. Now it needs polished again lol

Ha ha ha ha. It never ends eh. Looks so good tho! I gotta do my wife’s suv and dread it. It’s gonna be a few days in the works for sure.

Shops around here charge about $2500 for paint correction and ceramic coating. Might be something to consider! I may even have that done before I do my lift [emoji12]