What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did the oil change on mine yesterday. But I did Mobil 1 Extended performance and a K&N filter. Ended up cleaning under my work bench, counted 15 gallons of old oil to recycle. I guess I forgot to recycle it for a while. oops.

Need to get a bunch of trans oil ordered so I can change it. I finally hit 85,000 miles and I'd guess it was never changed before I bought it so I want to get it changed out before much longer.

Mobil 1 made mine get noisy. I ran it once and have stuck with Edge. I have found with that combo I hold 60 psi cold, and around 40-45 warm at idle and 55 warm going down the road. I am at almost 139k. Its getting a tune up again and the transmission fluid changed again in June.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Planning for a long road trip in about a month for a family reunion of sorts, AZ to AR for a week and then back, should be a good haul for the 4 of us.

My question is, what's something you've forgotten or not taken on a long road trip you wish you had with you?

any4xx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Planning for a long road trip in about a month for a family reunion of sorts, AZ to AR for a week and then back, should be a good haul for the 4 of us.

My question is, what's something you've forgotten or not taken on a long road trip you wish you had with you?
I’d seriously start another thread with this question. I bet you get a LOT of good advice. For me though, a second key/fob. I keep an extra on a neck lanyard and just wear it under my shirt when I head out of town.

MickeyGreene

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’d seriously start another thread with this question. I bet you get a LOT of good advice. For me though, a second key/fob. I keep an extra on a neck lanyard and just wear it under my shirt when I head out of town.

I like the idea, done and done.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Got a call that my truck is fixed. Get to pick it up tomorrow. I’m excited. The jeep I’m driving is nice but I miss my truck

ad20858268248ddf9bef07818688032e.jpg

Will be installing some new parts before I post pics of the big reveal ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No leaves on the trees ?? Where are you ? lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VegasDragger45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got the truck back yesterday. Got hailed on today and got all new dents on my freshly repainted parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Long day on the Ram. I will say this do it right the first time. I just did meguires ultimate compound polish, and then butter wax. It lasted 4 months and only masked the imperfections. Today I clay barred the truck twice to get it right. I used Chemical guys, then I went with a product I have heard was great. Adams swirl and scratch remover. It took me twice to get it all out. I have had quicker results, but I had a lot of bonding time with my youngest today. I ended up using V38 polish as it was already shiny before. It really made the paint pop. Finally and I will say this I’m partial to Chemical guys as I love almost all of their stuff. I’ve been detailing my cars for 20 years. As my dad told me at 16 you’re going to rub the paint off of it. Detailing and cleaning are my stress reliever. Anyways, I did my homework and went with Adams Ceramic coating. Wow was my ground work spot on. It was a sunny 75 degrees and the second I got to doing the hood on my steep stole. Yes I’m 6” and my driveway is steep. I hit it and it was like I was starring into the sun. I can’t speak more highly of the Adams ceramic coating! Top notch! Really the truck is white, so it hides everything. My neighbor friend has a black Tahoe and when they get back from Arkansas, we are going to do it. He was shocked at the results. Pictures do not even begin to do it justice. Don’t skimp. Meguires isn’t top shelf anymore. I’m doing my Charger tomorrow not even close to the Ram. It only needs minimal.

12FC0A00-1FE9-487E-8314-84C1F1DE5672.jpeg

9E23E1A5-16AB-4C13-A5EC-CF68C548997A.jpeg

C5F43A6C-A67D-4477-AE55-3A64F55B6F96.jpeg

20260DC9-E005-413F-BECC-BF1327423162.jpeg