What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

healthyrx

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport Night
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ordered the powerstop z36 kit and some Mevotech ttx hub assemblies today, hoping to put them on Monday or Tuesday this coming week

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I added a Cab wing that I had painted in two-tone. Blue on the top and trim and black that goes into the rear window. Also had the tailgate wing painted as well.

View attachment 485506
Not usually a fan of color matched wheels but this looks pretty sweet man. Definitely coming together. And I love the hotrod flames!

mighty noid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hydro Blue 2018 4x2 Sport Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not usually a fan of color matched wheels but this looks pretty sweet man. Definitely coming together. And I love the hotrod flames!
Thank you very much... yeah the wheels are either hit or miss on stuff... These were cheap enough 4 years ago to give it a shot.. :)

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got mine cleaned up and ready to go!!!
Looks good! Mine is about the same at the moment. Washed 'er up last night and tucked her into the garage. Unfortunately it's warm enough today that the snow is melting so even though the roads have no snow on them, the snow on the shoulder melting has the roads around here pretty drenched.

Johnny_B-Good

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Been a minute since I've been around. But Wednesday afternoon on my way into work, heard a little brake grindage. On the way home, a little more defined. Front brakes that should have made it thru March, didn't. So seeing as I like to do business everywhere, I decided to hit the local NAPA for some new rotors and brake pads. Used the online feature at 7:30 on the Friday the 11th with it clearly stating I would be picking up the parts that day (it stated the parts were in stock, clearly they were not). No notification on the order being completed, only processed, all day long. Called the local shop 28 hours after placing the order and he informs me (after being on hold for over 8 minutes) that he won't have the parts til Monday. Yeah, that doesn't work for me since I needed the parts Friday (cause I was off from work). He cancelled the order, then I noticed they kept a hold on my paypal and bank account. Yeah, that will be the absolute last time I do any business with NAPA.

Went to Autozone online, grabbed a pair of duralast gold rotors and duralast gold ceramic pads. Paid for it, and in 15 minutes, was out the front door picking up the parts. THIS is whom I will do my local business for parts and such with from now on. Cause it seems Autozone always has what I need in stock. And affordable. And they ALWAYS give me some kind of discount for purchases (they have discounts out the ***** I believe).

Anyway, about to apply the new rotors and ceramic pads and hardware to the front end of the Laramie. And if these things are as good as all of the Dodge customers reviews on the Autozone website, I'll replace the rears with the same setup.

And there you have it. What I did with my 4th gen today... lol

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Been a minute since I've been around. But Wednesday afternoon on my way into work, heard a little brake grindage. On the way home, a little more defined. Front brakes that should have made it thru March, didn't. So seeing as I like to do business everywhere, I decided to hit the local NAPA for some new rotors and brake pads. Used the online feature at 7:30 on the Friday the 11th with it clearly stating I would be picking up the parts that day (it stated the parts were in stock, clearly they were not). No notification on the order being completed, only processed, all day long. Called the local shop 28 hours after placing the order and he informs me (after being on hold for over 8 minutes) that he won't have the parts til Monday. Yeah, that doesn't work for me since I needed the parts Friday (cause I was off from work). He cancelled the order, then I noticed they kept a hold on my paypal and bank account. Yeah, that will be the absolute last time I do any business with NAPA.

Went to Autozone online, grabbed a pair of duralast gold rotors and duralast gold ceramic pads. Paid for it, and in 15 minutes, was out the front door picking up the parts. THIS is whom I will do my local business for parts and such with from now on. Cause it seems Autozone always has what I need in stock. And affordable. And they ALWAYS give me some kind of discount for purchases (they have discounts out the ***** I believe).

Anyway, about to apply the new rotors and ceramic pads and hardware to the front end of the Laramie. And if these things are as good as all of the Dodge customers reviews on the Autozone website, I'll replace the rears with the same setup.

Definitely a busy day for you

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.

I can tell you Napa owner's & employees do NOT like people buying on the App or website. The store does not get the credit for the sale but they lose the inventory. Plus the internet prices are inflated when compared to store prices from my experience. I have a cash account there and on a large brake job the internet order came to about $700 (even after the "SALE" discount) but when I had the employee at the counter look up all the parts it only came to $585. Plus, the internet order said it wouldn't be able to be picked up until the following day. At the counter they had everything in stock.
So I use the website as a Shopping List, then when I get to the store or call on the phone I give them the parts numbers.

Johnny_B-Good

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Definitely a busy day for you
With a seriously awesome outcome to boot. My oldest son did the job for me (yeah, I am a lucky pop). Cleaned as he went, double checked everything as it was put back together. Job took all of about 90 minutes. Then it was off to seat the new pads. And remove that coating on the rotors that I was told NOT to clean off with brake clean. Headed to the industrial park (where there is zero traffic after 6pm) Did four 40 MPH quick stops, and four 60 MPH quick stops. No issues what so ever. No vibrations, noises, steering wheel or pedal problems at all. So, decided to let the beast go and did one 100 MPH quick stop (road is easily 1/2 mile long with like 2 buildings total). One thing for sure, this truck stops fast now. Was faster than it did. And I am real happy to state, those folks on Autozone who took the time to review these rotors and ceramic pads were seriously on the mark with their reviews. Best upgrade for my Laramie thus far. So much so, I'm about to place the order for the rear pads and rotors. It was really that good of an upgrade for me.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Found out that cruise control only only goes up to 85 hehe