What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gigabyte3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got my smoked led tails in today so I put those on. Looks so much better now. Here are some pics. Will get a night shot when it gets dark outside. 8f1bcf947a4f71dc2e24b3876a66bea0.jpg741354a1157a0eb42a6f0872054c2252.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are those the DTMoto ones from ebay? They look real good man!

chendrixson2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are those the DTMoto ones from ebay? They look real good man!

Thank you!
Yes they are. I can't believe how great they look. It's so hard to tell how they'll look from the internet. Had a small issue installing them since they didn't come with directions, so I called dtmoto and they said the connectors plug into where the actual bulb plugs into on the wire harness. After I found that out, I installed all 3 in 10 minutes. Pretty bright too.

gigabyte3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank you!
Yes they are. I can't believe how great they look. It's so hard to tell how they'll look from the internet. Had a small issue installing them since they didn't come with directions, so I called dtmoto and they said the connectors plug into where the actual bulb plugs into on the wire harness. After I found that out, I installed all 3 in 10 minutes. Pretty bright too.

Thought so. I ordered the same set for my truck and they should be here tomorrow cant wait!

chendrixson2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thought so. I ordered the same set for my truck and they should be here tomorrow cant wait!

Awesome man! You'll love them.
Did you get the third brake light as well? If you did it comes with what felt like a felt seal that goes around the outside of the back of the light, I would assume it's to keep water out. I think I'm gonna take mine out and put 3m tape on it to hold it in place better or glue it to the light itself. I can snap a pic of it tomorrow if you would like to see it. Hard to explain

gigabyte3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Awesome man! You'll love them.
Did you get the third brake light as well? If you did it comes with what felt like a felt seal that goes around the outside of the back of the light, I would assume it's to keep water out. I think I'm gonna take mine out and put 3m tape on it to hold it in place better or glue it to the light itself. I can snap a pic of it tomorrow if you would like to see it. Hard to explain

Ya it does come with the 3rd brake light. Not a bad idea to make sure it seals good. Might have to stop by the auto parts store on my way home tomorrow....

chendrixson2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ya it does come with the 3rd brake light. Not a bad idea to make sure it seals good. Might have to stop by the auto parts store on my way home tomorrow....

I think i may try to find a better rubber seal for it. I just don't like the flimsy thing that came with it. I know I'm going to the auto parts store tomorrow. I feel like I live there

Dark-magic87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
can anyone tell me if a K&N cold air intake FIPK kit 57-1561 will fit a 2016 Ram 1500, I ask because it only lists up to 2014 in the manufacture specs

jssmith76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Went scavenging at a local yard for my next project. ...picked up a few other things while there, spent way to much, things will be for sale, priced to move!
I might be interested in the steering wheel. Does it have sound controls on the back? Think it will fit a 2009? I want to get rid of the cruise control "stick lever" on mine.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

MaizeNBlue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After I get everything checked out, and cleaned up I will put what is for sale up in the for sale section. I don't want to discuss to much of it on this thread, out of respect for the other forum members.... I will say, the wheel, 4 door panels, jump seat.will be for sale (the overhead and cluster may have been sold already) ... everything is out of a 2016 Big Horn CC with roughly 8,800 miles . The wheel is leather, heated and with audio controls. May take a few days to get the wheel off of the column, need to find the time and I need to be careful with it, since I want the clock spring, to make my own heated wheel work ;)

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Got my smoked led tails in today so I put those on. Looks so much better now. Here are some pics. Will get a night shot when it gets dark outside. 8f1bcf947a4f71dc2e24b3876a66bea0.jpg741354a1157a0eb42a6f0872054c2252.jpg

Are those the Phillips "Lumi-Leds" LED Taillights all over eBay? I see DTMoto has ALOT of them for sale for around $168 shipped.

Are these ( http://m.ebay.com/itm/C-Strip-Desig...3500-LED-Tail-Lights-/131821695793?nav=SEARCH ) the same lights that you bought?

I like how they look on your truck and I wouldn't mind picking up a set if they are the same ones you got, seeing as they're only $163.

Sent from hell via TapATalk

chendrixson2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are those the Phillips "Lumi-Leds" LED Taillights all over eBay? I see DTMoto has ALOT of them for sale for around $168 shipped.

Are these ( http://m.ebay.com/itm/C-Strip-Desig...3500-LED-Tail-Lights-/131821695793?nav=SEARCH ) the same lights that you bought?

I like how they look on your truck and I wouldn't mind picking up a set if they are the same ones you got, seeing as they're only $163.

Sent from hell via TapATalk

Yes those are the same ones. Mine were $198 with the third brake light included. You really can't say no to the price.

2017KRUSH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
do those lite work on the 2017 and did you have LED tail lights already????

chendrixson2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
do those lite work on the 2017 and did you have LED tail lights already????

Says they work for 09-17 without factory led taillights. I did not have led tails before these. There are others just like these on eBay that will work with the factory leds, you just have find them.

WoundedWarr10r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Prep, Painted and instslled Rear Iron Cross Bumper

Salutations Folks,

I was asked what I was thinking about doing about the rear bumper when I first joined the forum; since I already had installed and color matched the front Iron Cross Bumper, and IC LED Fog lights, and a KO Off Road LED light bar.

So, since I finished priming and painting the rear Iron Cross bumper, I also installed tail lights that light through the two plasma cut out cross's in the back and installed two Rough County LED Pod to each side of the the trailer hitch.

Also, installed a foot dimmer switch for my LED light bar, for those who think my low beams are high beams, and bright light me, for a snapper reply!

Done a few other things since I was last on here, but still have to hang out at the VA hospital for a while so I will update all that later.

I am having a rear tailgate RAM badge custom made with the Punisher Symbol and HEMI under that skull. It was my call sign when I was a First Sergeant in Iraq.

Very Respectfully,
George

Attachments

• 0104171021_HDR.jpg
    0104171021_HDR.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 0104171022_Burst01.jpg
    0104171022_Burst01.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 0104171021.jpg
    0104171021.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 0104171022a_Burst01.jpg
    0104171022a_Burst01.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 63

WillO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Salutations Folks,

I was asked what I was thinking about doing about the rear bumper when I first joined the forum; since I already had installed and color matched the front Iron Cross Bumper, and IC LED Fog lights, and a KO Off Road LED light bar.

So, since I finished priming and painting the rear Iron Cross bumper, I also installed tail lights that light through the two plasma cut out cross's in the back and installed two Rough County LED Pod to each side of the the trailer hitch.

Also, installed a foot dimmer switch for my LED light bar, for those who think my low beams are high beams, and bright light me, for a snapper reply!

Done a few other things since I was last on here, but still have to hang out at the VA hospital for a while so I will update all that later.

I am having a rear tailgate RAM badge custom made with the Punisher Symbol and HEMI under that skull. It was my call sign when I was a First Sergeant in Iraq.

Very Respectfully,

George

Is that barrel in the back just a barrel, or your new exhaust stack lol