What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Nice rig.
Not crazy about the headlights, but it's not my truck!! lol

Makes it look like it’s squinting. I like anything that’s not the boring factory halogens [emoji17]

Tiped on ifone using Tapatalk and auto correct. Can’t you tell?

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Here are a couple of pics of the front and side of my truck. Let me know if there was something else you wanted a picture of. 02d5f0659dd89bfa9891b4ef34b1819a.jpg
d2538fe0520bd22daccb68a419ae35ba.jpg

Maybe a black grill would draw more attention to the lights and give it an even more aggressive look [emoji2369]. Beauty truck!

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Maybe a black grill would draw more attention to the lights and give it an even more aggressive look [emoji2369]. Beauty truck!

I’m trying to find black true wire mesh grill inserts to put in the grill and lose the chrome slats but they’re all pretty expensive from what I’ve seen. Most of the grills I’ve found are plastic mesh looking from a distance. But it’s on my to do list.

tractorfix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Going in Friday for tailgate recall and to get the trailer brake turned on. I really LOVE this truck !

JimsRamTruck2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
tractorfix - Been there and done that. Funny thing is I answered the recall before I got the notice.

Also, just drove it. :sleepy:

moparpeetie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fixed alignment on the high beams of my Modifystreet lights.

Put them back in and aligned them the way they should have been all along. I dont drive much at night so it wasnt a huge priority, but I finally broke down and dealt with it.

Next week....Corrosion Free undercoating.
how bad was it... I've had mine in for 4 months they need aligned in the worst way. Haven't even looked at how they adjust

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
how bad was it... I've had mine in for 4 months they need aligned in the worst way. Haven't even looked at how they adjust

The high beams have no "official" adjustment (just like stock headlights). Mine, the bulbs needed to be aimed down quite a bit....from the things Ive seen on the net, the high beams are supposed to be an oval shape beam, the wide part going left to right. The "tip" of the oval should be about 1" higher than the horizontal reference line (the lower part of the left low beam).

My high beams originally werent even close, somewhere up in the tops of trees or something. I used fiber washers between the bulb base and the projector bucket where the bulb mounts to "kick out" the bottom of the bulb base, aiming the bulb downwards a little bit. its still not perfect (the center of the high beams is a little below the horizontal reference line) but its much better than it was.

The only easy way to deal with it was pull the lights out completely and light them up in my basement aimed at a wall so I could mess with adjusting the bulb. Now that I think of it I probably could have gotten away with bending the bulb base since its so thin and comes off the bulb easily.

In the future I might replace the bulbs altogether and go to the hi-spot LEDs high beam setup instead. Then its pretty much set and forget.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finally got the update over the Air. Whats new with it?View attachment 184714

Please let us know what software version you have on your radio post-update. should be 18.something, the whole version number is important so we can track what is going to various model years.

Yours is one of the first (if not THE first) 2017 Ive seen get the OTA.

More details about the update here:

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/ro...sw-update-13-17-ra3-vp3-na-ra4-vp4-na.150150/

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Please let us know what software version you have on your radio post-update. should be 18.something, the whole version number is important so we can track what is going to various model years.

Yours is one of the first (if not THE first) 2017 Ive seen get the OTA.

More details about the update here:

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/ro...sw-update-13-17-ra3-vp3-na-ra4-vp4-na.150150/
18.43.01 just installed.

First time ive had the OTA happen since I bought it new 08/17

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
18.43.01 just installed.

First time ive had the OTA happen since I bought it new 08/17

@Mpgrimm2

Thanks @usaf2006 . Was expecting a slightly different version but yours might be proof that there may be a SECOND OTA for this. Not saying for sure, but I have read of others getting another notification for possibly another update.

Let us know if you see anything wonky happening now that the update is installed.

-Chris

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Mpgrimm2

Thanks @usaf2006 . Was expecting a slightly different version but yours might be proof that there may be a SECOND OTA for this. Not saying for sure, but I have read of others getting another notification for possibly another update.

Let us know if you see anything wonky happening now that the update is installed.

-Chris
Will do!

GhostGregg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I replaced the passenger side front door latch and door lock actuator! Broke some plastic but was able to get it done without major catastrophe after watching the YouTube video about 15 times. I also turned my pedal commander off to see what it was like before the PC and since winter is just about here in North Idaho. UGH what was I thinking. Night and day difference and I remember now how I felt when I first got the PC tuned right.

Now that the door locks are all working again my truck is finally 100% functional. Its a good feeling to have a safe reliable rig.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I’m trying to find black true wire mesh grill inserts to put in the grill and lose the chrome slats but they’re all pretty expensive from what I’ve seen. Most of the grills I’ve found are plastic mesh looking from a distance. But it’s on my to do list.

For a quick and probably free mod post on here or local classifieds. I’m sure someone would swap for the black honeycomb. I like mine and blends in well with the black. Very subtle. They might even throw in some cash to sweeten the deal? Give it a shot till you get the ones you really want

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I bought my first truck ever. Always had lifted Jeeps, decided to see how the other half lives, and I must say I love it.

My dad has a 2006 jacked up jeep he got from Texas. Everywhere he goes people offer to buy it lol. Jeeps are special and I miss mine everyday. But truck life is easier with a family. What I did notice though is ram guys are just as nice and helpful as the jeep crowd. I’m just glad we don’t wave though..... for every 10 vehicles where I am 9 are Rams [emoji1787]

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For a quick and probably free mod post on here or local classifieds. I’m sure someone would swap for the black honeycomb. I like mine and blends in well with the black. Very subtle. They might even throw in some cash to sweeten the deal? Give it a shot till you get the ones you really want

Mine was free I bought a honeycomb grille on eBay complete with the outer that did not match my truck. When it shipped to the house I swapped out the inserts and sold the outer shell with my sports grill inserts in it for exactly what I paid for the other one. Gotta love free mods!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

I’m not looking for honeycomb and plastic. I want a true black metal wire mesh. The honeycomb looks good from a distance but up closer not so much. Please take no offense to that as it’s not a quality statement. It’s just a personal preference on my part. I do think the all black will look a million times better though. Thank you for the tip!!