What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'll have to try that the next time around!

How often do you clay bar yours?

Once every 3 months. Normal people probably should clay bar about once every 6 months although I think most do it yearly. It really depends on whether your truck sits outside all day and night and what kind of environment you are in. There are a couple of alternatives to a clay bar and you can find them here. Search under "clay bar"
https://autopia-carcare
Jay

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Claytoris

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Lonestar Silver
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How did you do that?? I was told by my dealership that i would have to swap out my whole shifter component to make the Sport dial fit and would cost me an arm and a leg to do it.

Typical stealership. Get the thinnest screwdriver or a trim removal tool and you can take the center piece out and behind that it’s just a single torx screw. The hardest part is actually finding a damn replacement dial.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
Goose, I would be willing to part with mine if I replace it with one of those nifty after-market versions.

Claytoris

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Lonestar Silver
Engine
5.7 Hemi
anyone know where to find those "Sport" knobs?

I wish I knew. All I could ever find was the whole assembly. Might have luck at a scrap yard or make buddies with someone at the parts counter.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
surely its replaceable, if Benny doesn't have it, may have to call local bodyshops, see if theres a replacement

revitupmoto33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
If you just "slapped this together" I sure like to see what something you plan out looks like. Excellent work!!!!!
Jay
Thank you sir.. lol when I say slapped together usually just means no drawings and just building as I go.

Hoff

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Once every 3 months. Normal people probably should clay bar about once every 6 months although I think most do it yearly. It really depends on whether your truck sits outside all day and night and what kind of environment you are in. There are a couple of alternatives to a clay bar and you can find them here. Search under "clay bar"
https://autopia-carcare
Jay

Thanks bud, I'm always down to do a little reading...

Got any recommendations on what's the better stuff to use? I bought the Meguiars kit this time around, as I saw that pop up on here somewhere...

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Re-torqued all my intake bolts as every one of them was loose.

Changed the oil and aired down the tires a little in hopes of seeing spring at some point.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks bud, I'm always down to do a little reading...

Got any recommendations on what's the better stuff to use? I bought the Meguiars kit this time around, as I saw that pop up on here somewhere...

Come on over to the detail section---
Jay