What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine

Mine are painted, never knew. Makes sense though as one of the tricks out there is using WD-40, which is basically fish oil, to rejuvenate dried out items such as that.

Thanks for the link :waytogo:

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
are you leaving that bull ring attached all the time, or only when you need it? Those pins are easy to remove and then the ring walks away.

Good question.

No, it was only in place for a pic.

Will likely drive around with the tow hitch I have which makes a great racing stripe tool for those who ride to close, text on their phones and don't stop in time.... so I've heard.

I'll carry the recovery pin in the Ram, and if I go into an environment (trails etc) I'll just switch out :waytogo:

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Replaced my stick on vent visors for a set of in channel ones. Spent all afternoon getting old ones off. First they were super brittle and broke with any pressure. Then trying to get off that adhesive tape. Man that sucked. I thought dealer where I got truck put them on but I am guessing original owner back in 2012.

Ah well much cleaner looking with in channel on a white truck. So worth the aggravation to swap.
Where did you purchase the visors?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
Good question.

No, it was only in place for a pic.

Will likely drive around with the tow hitch I have which makes a great racing stripe tool for those who ride to close, text on their phones and don't stop in time.... so I've heard.

I'll carry the recovery pin in the Ram, and if I go into an environment (trails etc) I'll just switch out :waytogo:

I used a hitch pin like that one, and one time when I went to remove it, I couldn't. the lock had rusted. I keep my hitch in the storage area under the rear seats now.

T_Unit114

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
More goodies arrived today.....

What I found was amazing, and quite shocking as well, was that when I was searching for these items at how many company's.... and well known ones intentionally misrepresent, and try to avoid answering a direct question..... "Is your product Made In the USA?"

It's quite simple. It either is, ...... or it isn't.

Which is fine, but then it is my decision to purchase it or not. After all... it is my money $$$

I got various answers from these company reps that ranged from;

1. Well, ...it was designed in the US,
2. It's built to our "US" specs,
3. We've been based in USA for several years now,
4. Our warehouse in in California,

and my favorite:

5. If it was "Made in the USA" it would cost a lot more $$$. Which in fact has a great amount of truth. Again, this is my $$$ and my choice.

A shout out to Fact 55 for being honest, professional, and actually having products that are "Made in the USA".

Could have gotten the set up online for @ $40 made from who the hell knows where. Spent $150 and know exactly where its from, and just as important... that it is TESTED for what they advertise.

This is a "Safety" item in my mind, not a "Bling pos". What's your safety worth?

The world is a different place for sure, but "come on man" at least be honest about it.

Ok.... off my soap box....... :waytogo:

View attachment 234419

View attachment 234420

View attachment 234421

View attachment 234422

View attachment 234423
I've got a reese tactical shackle loop/hook combo. I like the look, the finish looked cool until it goes wet the first time and now has rusty spots. I think I'm gonna have it blasted and powder coated next year in a more durable finish.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Finally got some modern diagnostic/programming equipment, in the form of a MX+ Bluetooth OBD reader, and the JScan software. So far, I have reset the tire size/Speedometer for my 35’s, turned off the TPMS, and figured out that the wiring for the right rear wheel speed sensor has issues. It looks like I may even be able to turn off the MDS, not to mention, all of the live data I can now log. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FamilyWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lowered the rear of my 16 crewcab 2” with the suspension superstore springs yesterday. Sits nice and level now, rides same as stock and feels great.

T_Unit114

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Decided to start making some changes and upgrades to the truck. First off is a preface upgrade for future endeavours. My light/siren controller Feniex 4200 mini/storm pro is not up to the task of what I currently need it for, let alone my planned future additions so I am swapping it out for a typhoon full function that will suit my needs significantly better.

Adding a pair of rigid radiance pods on hood hinge mount brackets, and I may look into some rock lights as well.

Then come spring time I'll be doing coil packs and spark plugs and depending on how long they last, I will be doing tubular upper control arms.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Bought one of them metal badges from the Chinese sites (Wish) for $11. Damn nice being metal, but with it being cast, the rear is recessed and not smooth.
So to make sure it sticks on, I used a layer of 3M moulding tape to fill in the gaps. Then put the last layer on.(no pic)
21-01-20 Rear Badge3.jpg

3 days after a wash.
21-01-20 Rear Badge2.jpg
21-01-20 Rear Badge.jpg