What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine

NicksGarage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Got the heater box and dash back in today. What a pain. If I had to do it again I would pull the seats out to deal with the floor ducts. Made it very hard to get the box back in. Heat works now and getting the a/c charged tomorrow and with any luck won't have any more issues.

Next project is the steering wheel and clockspring. Then tailgate handle camera and transmitter. Truck doesn't have a screen so will be using my phone for that.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

BJSwizzle

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7L
Recently picked up a sport bumper, I have an SLT truck, I can’t seem to find a conversion post on the site, anyone know of one or can post a link?
I also bought a bumper with cutouts and stock dual exhaust, will to the conversion at some point this spring

C86AC441-7A02-4B99-B1EA-AC6312B973BD.jpeg

7F0B47E3-14E9-4A67-80C8-FE35E8BBFB90.jpeg

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Recently picked up a sport bumper, I have an SLT truck, I can’t seem to find a conversion post on the site, anyone know of one or can post a link?
I also bought a bumper with cutouts and stock dual exhaust, will to the conversion at some point this spring

View attachment 246554

View attachment 246556

Ummm…. Is it just me or the fog lights don’t look like the same as on the bumper? The bumper is the horizontal ones and the new style are vertical which is what those seem to be [emoji2369]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BJSwizzle

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7L
Good to know, I bought the fog lights for 50 bucks, the other piece was throw in, I’ll find the correct one soon

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Dropped off my truck for the following parts to be installed:

MaxTrac 7”/4.5” Lift Kit
Fox Racing 2.0 Shocks F+R
MaxTrac Upper Control Arms
Xtreme Force XF10s - 20x10 -25 offset
Arturo Trail Blades 35x12.5

Should be done later today or tomorrow morning.

Parts sitting in my house taking up WAY too much space that need to be installed ASAP + parts still in transit to me:

- Brand New OEM Front Bumper Painted (been sitting for 7-8 months waiting for nice weather)
- Upper Glove Box Kit
- Tyger Auto - Star Armor Side Steps
- Tyger Auto - Pocket Style Fender Flares
- Factory Crafts Bed Vinyl
- 2019 Red & Black “RAM” Door Badges
- 345 Hemi Front Fender Badges
- New replacement Grille LED Bulbs (white instead of factory amber)

In Transit:
- BAK BakFlip MX4 Tonneau Cover - Matte Black
- OEM Antenna Base

Once I get the truck back from the lift install, I am going to start knocking off parts from the list and installing them on my truck. It’s going to be one hell of a busy weekend. There’s a bunch of other smaller things I got that still need to be installed.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wife's car got attacked by birds, so I let the boys help me, and then they wanted to do the Ram. I let them clean it. They wanted to wash the Charger and I was like you are funny lol. No one touches that except me. I am really enjoying the foam cannon.

BJSwizzle

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7L

View attachment 246554

View attachment 246556

a dude at a shop told me the bumper is from a 2012 and will not fit my truck as he says the grille won’t fit, anyone know if he’s correct?

NicksGarage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Since I had my dash apart to fix the A/C I decided I wanted to move the trailer brake controller. It was mounted under the dash in front of the gas pedal and would hit my leg so I had to tip toe on the pedal when driving. Plus it was so far down there it was hard to reach. I saw where the factory put the brake controller above the park brake release but on mine there was a little cubby. I cut the cubby apart to fit the bracket for the Prodigy. It had to go at an angle to clear the mount for park brake handle.

brake_cont_00.jpg

brake_cont_01.jpg

brake_cont_02.jpg

brake_cont_06.jpg

brake_cont_07.jpg

MickeyGreene

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This weekend is detail weekend. There's almost as much dog hair in the truck as there is on the dog. German Shorthair Pointer fur is somehow magically resistant to the vacuum.

I feel you on this, for the rugs and cloth areas, grab a pumice stone. Works like a charm!

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wanted so damn bad to take the picture at 99999.9 then 100000.0 and i completely forgot to do it ontime Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccckkkkkkkkkkk.....
Still, zero squeaks on this truck, on unmloested factory cv-axels, front LCA's, tierods and hubs, changing the oil every 8-9k miles with Penzoil 5w30 and Mopar oil filters, MDS disabled at 40k something, my own street 91 octane tune . did hit a rock on the offroad trail at 60mph on Joshua tree last weekend that got my steeering wheel crooked., drove 200 miles with the steering clocked 1/8 turn to the passenger side to keep the truck straight, traction control light came on on the FWY and everything. From previous experiences in my Jeep it used to do the same when the steering had that much angle to keep the vehicle straight. Took her to the aligment shop and she's straight again, traction control light is working normally after driving couple of miles with a centered streering wheel and she's back at hitting 80mph with one hand. Can't ask for a better truck knocking on wood.

51162998808_3d9e676607_k.jpg2021-05-06_09-45-21 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
a dude at a shop told me the bumper is from a 2012 and will not fit my truck as he says the grille won’t fit, anyone know if he’s correct?

Yes unfortunately that is a 09-12 bumper. You need a 13-18 bumper.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I wanted so damn bad to take the picture at 99999.9 then 100000.0 and i completely forgot to do it ontime Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccckkkkkkkkkkk.....
Still, zero squeaks on this truck, on unmloested factory cv-axels, front LCA's, tierods and hubs, changing the oil every 8-9k miles with Penzoil 5w30 and Mopar oil filters, MDS disabled at 40k something, my own street 91 octane tune . did hit a rock on the offroad trail at 60mph on Joshua tree last weekend that got my steeering wheel crooked., drove 200 miles with the steering clocked 1/8 turn to the passenger side to keep the truck straight, traction control light came on on the FWY and everything. From previous experiences in my Jeep it used to do the same when the steering had that much angle to keep the vehicle straight. Took her to the aligment shop and she's straight again, traction control light is working normally after driving couple of miles with a centered streering wheel and she's back at hitting 80mph with one hand. Can't ask for a better truck knocking on wood.

51162998808_3d9e676607_k.jpg2021-05-06_09-45-21 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

Sounds like you bent a bunch of suspension parts and the alignment shop just adjusted the bent parts to make it aligned again. No way does a wheel go 1/8th to the side on a rock hit and nothing got bent or broke.