What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I personally like the aggressive look that tires sticking out a LITTLE (like no more than 2") from the wheel-well gives, but mostly I see people running around with them sticking out like 4" or 5". Looks to be too much in my PERSONAL opinion. So do ultra-slim tires on a truck. I can appreciate show vehicles and such, but for daily drivers, tone it down a bit. Subtlety goes a lot farther than being overbearing.
I agree and inch or 2 looks okay, maybe even better depending on the tires used. I see way too many trucks sticking out 6 plus inches which is technically illegal in Pa. I think 2 inches is max allowed. Actually just searched as I was typing and 2 inches only if used with 2 inch fender flare which is the max allowed. I am guessing it isn't enforced or people have multiple tire/rim sets for inspection.

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Installed my Kicker 3 1/2 inch front speakers today since they are relatively easy. Man didn't realize how quiet the factory speakers were, had to lower treble and midrange until I get the door speakers installed. I got Pioneer 3 way 6x9's for front and back. Hoping to get them in within the next day or two. I have all the components for my steering wheel audio control swap, just not sure when I'll get to it. My wife doesn't know I got any of this stuff so slowly installing stuff when she's busy with work since she works from home and I'm home on short term disability right now.

Heathen-19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Turned on remote start.
Found a thread in a FB 4th gen group that was talking about adding OEM remote start. Kits were $130-150. Member chimed in that his 2020 Classic was already wired for it and all he had to do was get a safety hood latch and a fob shell with the remote start rubber cover.
Googled how to tell if the wires were there and sure enough my truck was wired for it and just not installed. Bought/installed a safety hood latch, bought a fob shell off Amazon and changed settings using AlfaOBD and SHAZAM. Remote start. Love this for the midwestern winters..

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Turned on remote start.
Found a thread in a FB 4th gen group that was talking about adding OEM remote start. Kits were $130-150. Member chimed in that his 2020 Classic was already wired for it and all he had to do was get a safety hood latch and a fob shell with the remote start rubber cover.
Googled how to tell if the wires were there and sure enough my truck was wired for it and just not installed. Bought/installed a safety hood latch, bought a fob shell off Amazon and changed settings using AlfaOBD and SHAZAM. Remote start. Love this for the midwestern winters..
If I had seen this before I installed my remote start I would have done it, but I installed my remote start right after I bout my truck 2 years ago. I got a plug and play remote start with a module that allows me to find and or remote start from anywhere. It has a tmobile 4g module. I can start with my non remote start remotes by hitting lock 3 times as well. Still nice to know that I could activate factory remote start by swapping the hood latch as long as wiring is there and fully run to BCM.

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Added in the crossovers for my Infinity Reference REF-375TXs in the dash corners. I realized with my current upgrade that I hadn't installed them, when I found them sitting on my parts/junk shelf in my garage... Anyway, they're in now and the speakers still sound awesome!DSC_1041.JPGDSC_1042.JPGDSC_1044.JPGDSC_1045.JPGDSC_1046.JPGDSC_1047.JPG

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So how did the Gladiators hold up over time? Did they get noisy?

I'm at 30k-35k miles on them. They're wearing very well. I don't rotate them as much as I should and they're still ok. The wet traction is sub-par as they've aged. But mud/snow/dry traction is great. Road noise hasn't gotten any louder.

If I remember later today I'll break out my gauge and check tread depth compared to my spare. Overall I'm happy with them. As noted above, wet traction isn't great. But I tend to have a heavy foot so it's not hard to break the tires loose anyways. They still have good traction for steering and braking. Just easy to spin with the right foot. I'm debating getting the same tires again (but in a 37" next time) or trying something just slightly less aggressive. I don't do much offroading other than working around my house or my parents so I don't really need a super aggressive M/T tire.

Not a great picture but you can zoom in and see they're still holding up great.
20230723_111331.jpg

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Took it in to the body shop for new bumper, grille, headlight and misc other parts. Delay on headlight and grille and the other parts not shown up yet, so anther try for Jan 17

czervika

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm at 30k-35k miles on them. They're wearing very well. I don't rotate them as much as I should and they're still ok. The wet traction is sub-par as they've aged. But mud/snow/dry traction is great. Road noise hasn't gotten any louder.

If I remember later today I'll break out my gauge and check tread depth compared to my spare. Overall I'm happy with them. As noted above, wet traction isn't great. But I tend to have a heavy foot so it's not hard to break the tires loose anyways. They still have good traction for steering and braking. Just easy to spin with the right foot. I'm debating getting the same tires again (but in a 37" next time) or trying something just slightly less aggressive. I don't do much offroading other than working around my house or my parents so I don't really need a super aggressive M/T tire.

Not a great picture but you can zoom in and see they're still holding up great.
View attachment 532861

Thanks!

NETim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I replaced the front turn/marker incandescents with switchback LED's.

Made them the DRL's too. We'll see how this works out.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New tires, KO2s
Great tires.
I had them on the truck for about 9 months before I traded it in for my '23 G70 awd beast.
They work well in the snow and street. Worth the money.

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had CEL come on again for O2 sensor losing 5v reference. Going to have to dive into it one of these days Last time it happened the extension harness shifted and was sitting on the exhaust. Not enough to melt the wires, but melted the loom. Might be time for another set of extensions.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Great tires.
I had them on the truck for about 9 months before I traded it in for my '23 G70 awd beast.
They work well in the snow and street. Worth the money.
Yup the wear of the GY UltraTerains has gotten less & less The KO2 have a 50k warranty and the GYs I bought back in June needed replacing to be useful out here for the snow. Crushed granite is used out here for the "dirt" roads and I am suspecting that has a lot to do with it
My #1 choice usually,
1702136531749.png

Last edited:

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Been happening over time and time
11/19/23
20231119_145117.jpg

12/05/23
20231205_132053.jpg

trying to find in AlphaOBD where the status logs are kept. Went through Body computer and Engine. Have to wait until I get home on the computer, phone has an android warning that files can only be seen on a computer

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Been happening over time and time
11/19/23
View attachment 533197

12/05/23
View attachment 533198

trying to find in AlphaOBD where the status logs are kept. Went through Body computer and Engine. Have to wait until I get home on the computer, phone has an android warning that files can only be seen on a computer
Mine reset sometime before I upgraded to 7 inch instrument cluster. Never really paid attention to it and decided to check before I upgraded and mine was way off. 7 inch cluster had slightly more miles, but I reset to my mileage,but left the hours alone as they were close to what mine should have been. It's a known issue with our trucks. If you figure out how to access the true numbers post it back here.

MSDelta

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Etorque
Changed Pcv valve on my 2016 3.6l Ram 1500 Laramie. Posted my experience, was not easy, but not as bad as anticipated.

Oh, and also had to change my battery :-0! $240 For platinum at O’Reillys! I can’t believe they don’t have any battery’s with a warranty longer than 3 years?