What do you like about your Ram...

Kickboxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
It seems like many of the threads on here, like to discuss problems and maybe what you don't like.
This one is different, tell us what you like about your Ram.

I have a 2000 1500 4x4, Bighorn, 5.7' box crew cab, 5.7 Hemi, with the common 2 package, and I like what it includes. I like cloth, and usually trade every 3 years or so. I have been a Chev. and GMC pickup owner for over 30 years.
The reason I went to Ram last trade, is my local Chev. dealer discounted my trade too much, and I
said adios. So I went to Ram.

Things I like compared to Chev. - Quiet, standard laminated glass, helps a lot. I got one off the lot and it had 18" tires, and along with coil rear springs, this has the best ride of any pickup I have driven.
I have had 20" before, and it is not about looks anymore, for me. This pickup rides better and is quieter than the 2018 Yukon we have.
Some other features I like are the comfortable seats, with a front bench and fold down armrest.
The heated seats and steering wheel are great, I am in ND. Also I really like the folding mirrors, we have a 16' garage door for 2 large vehicles, so things are tight. I have the 5.7 Hemi and I like the power and mileage over the 5.3 GM engine. With the crew cab the rear is huge, and the underfloor
storage is a big plus. The base sound system is very good, I also have Bose in other vehicles. I like the touch display, very easy to use well done.
I also like the big gas tank, a range of over 600 miles is very nice.

Bill A

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ordered mine loaded and it came with so many tech features that I haven't even used them all. The air suspension is awesome, especially for towing, the climate control automatically turns on the heated driver seat and heated steering wheel if the outside temp drops below 40. The ride is outstanding as is the fuel economy. The diesel engine is barely heard unless I am outside the truck with the engine running. Early on I wished it had a gear indicator, mainly for when I was towing our camping trailer and the first time I used the gear limiter, lo and behold a gear indicator turned on. I like the room in the back seat area especially with the seat bottoms folded up. I love the multi-function tailgate which allows me to fully open the 40% side without it hitting my trailer tongue jack. Mine also came with the pull out step to access the bed. I also like the remote start feature and us it often in the winter. I like the driver dash display which allows one to customize by choosing the parameters for 7 fields. I love the 12" center display which provides a huge GPS map along with 2 pages of all the apps. I also like that the parking brake automatically engages when you switch to park and it automatically disengages when you switch to drive or reverse as long as your seatbelt is fastened first.
There's a bunch more that I do like and so far the only thing I don't like is the out of date GPS map updates. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Last edited:

Fediej

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I like that Chris Stapleton sings the 5G Ram commercials. Does that count?

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I love that I almost have no OEM parts left on this POS.

Fediej

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
No, you can do better than that........
I mean, I don't have a 5G, but many of the same things that you listed about your Ram I also like about my 4G. I am a little jealous of the multi-function tailgate, so there's that.

Last edited:

mikeru

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Here's what I like most about my truck, not necessarily in this order. Some of these may be available from other mfgr's trucks, but I haven't researched those lately...

The smooth quiet ride.
MFT
Rambox
Air suspension
Plethora of room
Comfort of seats
Interior design
12" screen
Cavernous center console
Exterior looks
Ventilated front and rear seats
HUD
Digital rear view mirror
Power steps

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Everything...
This was reinforced yesterday when my wife and I picked up my cousin's brand new Silverado Trailboss and drove it home for him cause he was driving his mom's SUV back from the shop.
I like the looks of the truck alright but man that interior was pretty lame.
Very cheap feeling materials and the layout was odd IMO.
The shift lever felt like a cheap plastic rod and movement was gritty.
I thought the 5.3L was anemic, though shifting was smooth.
And even my wife noticed that it rode worse than my 2500 Power Wagon...
I never felt more happy with my decision to get another Ram...

Last edited: