What do you use to clean UConnect 8" Screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MO_CPA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Hey all,

My 8" screen is getting grimy. I looked through the owner's manual and searched this site for how to clean it and couldn't find anything. What do you use to get the fingerprints off?

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Any LCD cleaner you can pick up from an office supply store or bestbuy in the TV section works perfectly well without doing any harm. In a pitch I'll also lightly damp a clean microfiber with water and use that to get whatever is there off and then use the dry part of the cloth to finish it off.

Joe B

U.S. Navy Chief
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.4L
The detailer downtown. The do the outside and the inside.

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
I don't know if this is ok. But I Been using alcohol prep pads and drying with a microfiber or tissue. So far screen looks new still. At one time, my screen was switching channels etc and was due to something on screen, I try not to touch it now very often.

tourrider

Grumpy
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
I use a lint free micro-fiber detailing cloth. I keep a couple in my truck mostly for my prescription eye wear. The glass on the 8.4 is heavy, so I never need any liquid/solvent. Just a quick wipe, and it's clean.

Cstan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just use generic brand glass wipes. Works fine.

jrdriver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Chemical guys glass cleaner works on touch screens tv screens and regular glass just the same

cuminslvr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Diesel
I use the same moistened wipes that i buy to clean my eye glasses. Not too much moisture and the cloth wont scratch

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ra3 0r 4s i never had a problem with using a micro fiber eye glass cloth or if a tuff spot eye glass cleaner.whatever you do though don't use any chemical on a uax radio.the screen is differant and you will ruin it.i have a replacement lcd coming monday because of this .plus the uax screens scratch easier than a rax screen imo.

Whitd5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Whatever you use, put on one of the tempered glass screen protectors afterwards. Super cheap and I like mine. No more worries about wear marks in the screen or scratches.

Toddbigboytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I bought my truck the dealer told me about a glass screen protector he install off eBay that both protects and helps to keep the screen cleaner I just use glass cleaner wipes.