What do you use to secure cargo in the bed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WISluggo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am a first time truck owner, and I am looking to get the stuff needed to secure cargo in the bed. I have the utility rails and the rambox so that is where I plan on keeping the straps, etc.

So, what do you use?

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
I've seen nets and bars. Not a big fan of the bars, because it seems like you need to anchor a bunch of side support rails in for them. I did see one, although that wedged into place. I'm in the market as well, hate buying groceries, and after the trip home, they're all jumbled in the bed.

Hard to drive this big ass truck like a racecar, but somehow I manage. :********:

whatroads

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 QC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/ 3.92
#1, for me, is a heavy duty rubber floor mat. Unlike spray-on bed liners nothing slides on these mats. Same reason I don't file the plastic full bed liners. About once a year I take out the liner and wash the debris out of the bed

I've had multiple trucks. Some have gone to over 250K miles. They all have gotten to haul just about anything. Stuff for Junk yard, (metal and wood), Wood for fireplace, Riding Lawn mowers, Rock, Dirt, Bricks.....Just about anything. My experience has shown me that the rest of the truck usually rusts out about the same time as the truck bed. I simply do not worry about paint scrapes on the inside of the bed or tailgate. It is, after all, a truck

I'm a big fan of ratcheting tie downs in multiple weight capacities and lengths.

kenwitter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cargo net for light stuff (cardboard paper etc). Ratcheting tie downs for everything else. Can't beat them.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
I use ratcheting cargo bar. No issues at all. But I have a bedliner so it don't flex be actual bed just the liner.

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
x3 on the ratcheting tie downs and a several yards of light weight rope.

I had a co worker lose his eye right in front of me when securing a load with bungie cord that had an end come loose while he was pulling on it. Tossed every one I had in the trash as soon as i got home.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Ratchet straps from harbor Freight, and the cargo bars for larger loads that are too heavy for the straps to properly secure.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another vote for elastic cargo net and ratchet straps.
I always put groceries on the floor under the kids feet; the small space between the door and trans tunnel doesn't give them room to move.

I'd be nervous of ratcheting cargo bars pushing too hard on the thin walls of the bed.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
I kid... I use ratchet straps like above. I have multiple sizes.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Tonneau cover if it fits underneath. Ratcheting tie downs for heavy stuff like furniture, mattresses etc., and long bungees for light stuff like camping gear or boxed cargo.

metalfab

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RAM CrewCab ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'll soon have a canopy however, will obviously use ratchet straps to keep loads from shifting. The bed is sprayed in with Line-X. It has a pretty course surface to keep things from sliding as much, better than a drop-in liner or bare bed.